Jump to content

Neilp

Ex Team Member
  • Posts

    11,236
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Neilp

  1. It's thousand mate lol. Seriously though even in a straight line the focus rs and 350z 300ps model will be evenly matched. The 370z was almost stock except a akrapovic exhaust.
  2. I was on track with an mps and the zed is alot faster. Both myself and the g man were in Wales and both were faster than focus rs300's and the mps.. This is all on video ,saying that,my 350z is evenly matched on track with 370z and as soon as my exhaust gets altered to a 3" centre section I'll be faster eh george? Lol
  3. i know what you mean about all the attention haha
  4. hahaha brilliant Love the f&f supra
  5. lol the best way to upload photos is to put them on photobucket then copy the img code and paste it on here. Its much easier than uploading direct as you may have to resize images because there is a limit but photobucket does it automatically
  6. Loving the pics G! I was sitting looking and saying, " I can't believe they neve had any wine..." And then I spied Dougie with wine glass looks awesome mate! Wish I was with you's
  7. I would say he was cheap very good and very efficient and has an awesome garage! This is a link to his webpage, all details are on there http://www.the-garage.co.uk/
  8. It looks like it may have already been welded with all the "snotters" around the flange. Time for a new exhaust I think. Tarmac's scorpion will be perfect for you by the sounds of things.
  9. Welcome to the club You know it's a rule that any new female member has to post a picture of themselves sitting on the bonnet of there car in a bikini
  10. Big +1 Looking good mate
  11. That's very expensive. I just changed my gearbox oil and diff fluid today. Made a vey big difference to the gear change. I bought all my materials from zmanalex alot cheaper than Nissan will do it. Buy the genuine stuff and take it to Horsham. I had engine oil done, all gearbox and diff oil changed, camber arms fitted and wheel alignment done plus rest of year 5 service. Total cost from garage was 210quid I paid 150 for all the engine fluids, plugs, oils and filter. Without camber arms being fitted and wheel alignment I would have dropped at least 2 hours labour off it.
  12. I seen his name noted in a few places? I could be wrong but I am pretty sure I am not. Yeah, I have one in particular in mind though The purple or white one ?
  13. how do you know that? Yes mate i did, lots of cool gtr's up there!
  14. i have scorpion exhaust and mines fitted perfectly--- i must have a very lucky car lol I run nismo y-pipe and japspeed decats.
  15. I dropped my car off over at "The Garage" in Wishaw/Motherwell. I originally booked it in for rear camber arms and toe bolts to be fitted, but I nipped upto Alex's pad and picked up some gearbox fluid, vlsd fluid and molyslip. Had some oil sitting in the house along with filter and spark plugs. So anyways, I dropped it off last night to get the work done today I left a note of the allignment set up I wanted(courtesy of abbey motorsport) So today I got a phonecall with a little update just letting me know how they were getting on and letting me know Mark (the owner) was gonna take the car out for a test run. Anyways went back over tonight and collected. My Dad came along with me. Mark gave my dad a tour of the garage and nosey round all the skylines and other beasts that were around. I have never met a mechanic who is so enthusiastic, patient and as helpful as Mark. SO anyways, in short , got oil change, spark plug change, gearbox and diff oil done, rear camber arms fitted and wheel allignment done. I could not believe how good a price he told me. For all that work and with his skills I couldnt believe it. I could not recommend "The Garage" enough. This will be my cars regular hangout now Cheers Mark, 1st Class
  16. Neilp

    ECU

    I would recommend getting it to one of out in-house specialists like r35 Lee @ falcon performance or upto zmanalex if you can't get to the bottom of it. Nissan garages usually don't have the most clever mechanics.
  17. My clutch is still going strong just now at 27k with track work touch wood
  18. I had a c2 vts, what did you do to is to get 160 out of it? I spent thousands and only pushed 140. my saxo vtr was pushing 165 but it had serious money in it and destroy 3 gearboxes in 6months. My mini cooper s works was quite heavy but was very quick, much faster than my vtr and c2 vts. Once you learn how to drive the zed its very fast. You need to learn to utilize the weight. Up at knockhill there is a couple of clio cups etc and theyre pretty fast but on the straights the zed comes to life and destroys them. what did you do to destroy 3 gearboxes? Those gearboxs arent that bad. a decat, exhuast, induction kit, manifolds and cam will get you about that much bhp . I was running a Honda cbr motorbike throttle body conversion, high lift cams, and all of the above. The gtr gear idea were renowned for being complete garbage. I burst the actual gearbox casing 3 times because of the torque. Only kept it 6 months then bought the c2 vts. I would never buy a Citroën again. Complete buckets. The c2 vts inlet manifold snapped the bolts within 1000miles, gearbox failed, clutch failed, alternator went on fire and burned out wiring loom. Sold it within a year of new for a 7k loss. The mini cooper s works was a completely different car and much better. It would have destroyed both my saxo and c2.
  19. +1 Buster's right on the money here! Thats the exact same set up I run and it's perfect! Thats what i run and i can notice a difference straight away between my track wheels and road/show wheels. Its more noticeable when the cars set up more precisely with different suspension setups. A major factor is the type of tyres being used also. Every tyre has different characteristics and road noise etc. Must be the Dunlops making it all good for me then! Lol stu have you driven one with rays? I'll give you a shot of mine for a drive
  20. +1 run your finger around it and you will feel it straight away. Dont do this when the car is hot though as you may burn your fingers.
  21. +1 Buster's right on the money here! Thats the exact same set up I run and it's perfect! Thats what i run and i can notice a difference straight away between my track wheels and road/show wheels. Its more noticeable when the cars set up more precisely with different suspension setups. A major factor is the type of tyres being used also. Every tyre has different characteristics and road noise etc.
  22. just lay next to the car and get someone to slightly rev it , you will be able to pick where the noise is coming from and that should give you a pretty good idea what section is blowing.
  23. is the saab a turbo ?
  24. lmao Cheeky bastard... thats before the buckfast the more i drink the better i get
×
×
  • Create New...