Jump to content

Vik54

Members
  • Posts

    7,471
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Vik54

  1. Wow...Ian! GLWTS
  2. Vik54

    My New Car

    Nice
  3. Take your pick of dates from here Prep time is down to the individual, some will need none and some will never get there, so it's impossible to quantify. You will also need the Go Racing pack from the MSA though of course, which is another £59. Of course it costs £250 to sit it my question was 'with no prep' - even someone who tracks their zed regularly would need prep time
  4. neither of you have read what I wrote then - as the most experienced motorsport participant in this discussion you well know the true costs of undertaking such a project - of course the parts come to less than £10k you'll spend the same on labour again unless you have sponsorship Dan - find me somewhere where you can simply go sit your ARDS for £250 with no prep time I was simply highlighting the true cost in answer to Liam's question - don't get me wrong - with adequate backing and motivated participants this is a great idea
  5. GLWTS Hope you've put a reserve on Ebay
  6. he's just posted prices for new in the last couple of weeks You'll be lucky to get a 2nd hand one
  7. Can't find the one where they mention the 'ginger tingler' - but they do mention the 'tingle' in the review from the long term test http://www.evo.co.uk/carreviews/evolongtermtests/53648/nissan_350z.html
  8. There is no 'average' life - you don't know how it was driven before you got it Only way to find out is to inspect them properly which means wheels off to see the back ones - maybe they just need cleaning and greasing
  9. Definately best way forward for those that can commit
  10. 15-20k minimum by the time you've done your ARDS and stripped the car out, seam welded, clutch, total suspension and brake upgrade, tyres.... then testing time on a track plus costs of each meet plus the 'consumables' each time - totally out of the question for the majority of us without any sponsorship But for those that can it would be fantastic fun opportunity
  11. I'm no technician but sounds like you're just getting used to the feel of the car If you're in doubt go meet up with a local zed owner and compare
  12. perfectly normal - the gear knob shake was actually a quirk that the original EVO review picked up on - they christened their test car the 'Ginger Tingler' or something along those lines
  13. How many times has this question been asked and answered in the lst couple of months?
  14. Where's Neily?
  15. Hi Tom - welcome to the forum is that Wrighty's old car you've got then? You're right - it'll just be a combination of mismatched tyres etc that will be causing your issues - but also possibly your leaden right foot I've never found the TC to be intrusive - I think I can count on one hand the number of times it has kicked in - and anyone who knows me will tell you I don't pussyfoot around. Get your geometry checked and a set of matching tyres and it will be like night and day
  16. You could get one made
  17. Wow - he coooool
  18. I wouldn't risk damaging one of my bags!! I get what Liam is saying though - if she was the 'enthusiast' she'd be selling it herself I suppose Not all women are like you though - in the 20+ years June I have been together she has yet to put petrol in her car (or mine) and every car sale/purchase is done by ...............yes And she would get a if she put one of her handbags on my car, especially with some of the metal-work they have each to their own Colin...each to their own You know me I just can't stand these great sweeping generalisations about women and cars - does my little blonde brain in June's Mulberry would be fine on the roof of the car - it's as soft as a baby's arse Lee...NEVER EVER go in a woman's bag....EVER - you may not like what you find
  19. This looks an interesting development. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-15216987 Although they're worried about pigeon holing young people too early I think could be the making of some Having developed a course for young people in partnership with Knockhill last year I know that this sort of thing can and will work for those young people who struggle in a mainstream school environment and require practical input to engage them and progress in terms of life and vocational skills
  20. I wouldn't risk damaging one of my bags!! I get what Liam is saying though - if she was the 'enthusiast' she'd be selling it herself I suppose
  21. You have lost it now haven't you?!
  22. he achieved that at Knockers after the Hoon
  23. Genius - you are so t-w-i-s-t-e-d
  24. Brrrrrrriing Itttttt Richt
×
×
  • Create New...