Jump to content

Vik54

Members
  • Posts

    7,471
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Vik54

  1. They're all 6-8pm
  2. It is a long way to come for week night. At the moment most Tuesdays and Thursdays there's something on - there is a club night on Monday coming - Hot Marques tomorrow, Trackscotland 6th, Dreadnought 13th, Private night 18th, - the 13th & 18th there will be some really nice motors there and spectators are always welcome regardless of who's running the evening
  3. Oh F**K s2004u?!!!!!!!!!!!! Just save yourself the and get yourself straight to Trading Standards mate. Wasn't there new legislation just recently to help with situations like this where a used car develops significant problems within such a short period of time?
  4. Dawn! you'll just have to come down and see....we just drive round and round in circles really some of us faster than others...am sure Alex would happily take you out and show you some moves
  5. nutter!
  6. Sorry to hear this mate Where did you buy the car? How old is it? It could very well have only done 25k miles but lived outside its whole life and been driven like a b*tch... You do obviously need a second opinion though
  7. Hi Kim - welcome to the forum
  8. Vik54

    Matte zed?

    No - that would just be 'proper' primer
  9. I think he's very s-p-e-c-i-a-l
  10. Hi Fee - welcome to the forum Plenty of us female owners around http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=23306- an ancient thread but will give you an idea There's zero comparison to be made between those other Marques and the zed - your mates are completely insane if they even suggest there is I tried BMWs and Audis when I was shopping and always returned to the zed - now had it for just under a year and still get a rush every time I turn the ignition. Admiral/Bell seem to be the best for first time and young zed insurers Happy shopping
  11. Komier - that's one hell of a job - good luck hope it works & look forward to seeing the results on an Azure Mike...thanks I've looked at that stuff - but its not the odd chip - I'll have to take some pics (but it would prolly give you a break down!) John...that's a good deal think perhpas I'll be heading up your way
  12. Vik54

    Matte zed?

    The orange is good but may be a bit closey missy matchy with the Alezan - I'd forgotten you have those seats...anyway as long as you steer clear of MY colour we'll remain friends I'm joking BTW - go for it
  13. You two! I had to pull out but will catch up with you the weekend before at Modified Live Kenny when you coming down to a track night?
  14. You'll need to look at your budget mate... I'd just go cat back - try any of the traders on here - I assume you've spoken to zmanalex already as he's posted a reply to you - or you could put up a wanted thread
  15. The join with the back box is the first thing to go on a lot of OEM exhausts - common fault...its not just a case of a gasket - you could get it welded but it will go again within months - you'll pick up second hand OEM cat back for about £120-£170 no probs
  16. The Greekman does cool down laps? ...I don't believe it How are the Dixcel holding up mate? he does ALL of the above plus much more...you v got to be there to believe Mentalist - one day for pads the dixcels have done great so far although its skimming time now and the dixcel pads made just 1 track day...ish... havent been on a track in ages...car is in and out garages now... more from june on
  17. The Greekman does cool down laps? ...I don't believe it How are the Dixcel holding up mate?
  18. Enjoy it !! If there's any instruction going then accept it gratefully and don't be bullied into looking for your limit on your first go Only thing I've had 'drilled' into me is to check tyre pressures and let some air out if need be (I do listen Mr T)
  19. Cheers Neil ....I'll keep that in mind. I'm gonna give the chips a go - it won't be perfect by anymeans but will at least stop any rust in the meantime. TBH I know deep down I'd rather spend the money on handling & performance than looks because I'm fighting a losing battle with the chips when she's my daily driver and track slag she was never going to be a garage queen
  20. Ok so while the car was in getting geo done last week I thought I'd ask my local bodyshop (who have done a couple of good jobs for me in the past) for a quote to sort peeling bumper and stone chipped bonnet (it is peppered )...to remove/refit bumper, spray all and blend onto wings comes in at £870 inc VAT I knew it wasn't going to be financially viable but sh*t-a-brick!! I even thought about batting my eyelashes and asking about sponsorship as they find me a bit of a novelty but I just can't bring myself to prostitute Saffy I have a pot of paint that was mixed for me last year and a model paint brush...any advice before I go for it with the chips?
  21. SN04*** - about 4:30pm - Cydine was that you?
  22. Welcome to the forum Mike
  23. The advice for pregnant women is simply the same as for any human- avoid handling cat sh*t and wash hands after emptying litter trays or digging over your garden...this is simply because there is a minute risk of contracting toxoplasmosis (I can't be ficked to check the spelling of that!) and this form of parasite is of particular risk to small children / frail & elderly....but many of us carry it already and it really is only risky where the immune sytem is compromised. http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Toxoplasmosis/Pages/Symptoms.aspx Ultrasonic repellers don't work - they just go roud them and laugh at you...Citrus peel does work but needs to be fresh so you'll be getting your VitC
  24. Yup Exactly where the police are most likely to be right after a track day too At least when they cause an accident it means emergency services will be there fast
  25. Its eejits like that that continue their wee 'duels' once they've left the track that make 'average' car drivers assume all 'performance' car drivers are twunts
×
×
  • Create New...