Jump to content

evest

Members
  • Posts

    733
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by evest

  1. Thanks mate, appreciate the input - I'll certainly replace the gaskets as they've been on there a few years. Seems odd that a leak there would have this impact on the upstream sensor - but if it fixed your issue i guess it must do!
  2. Hello all, Bit stumped - wonder if anyone can help me? Car is suffering a rough idle and also occasionally cutting out when coming of the throttle and coasting into a stop - not every time though; the revs sometimes dip almost to 0, and then jump back up to normal - other times the car will stall. I do have fault code P1283 which I know may relate to one of the upstream O2 sensors, but I'm not convinced (yet) that the sensor is necessarily the problem. So apart from the car struggling at idle, particularly when coming of the throttle, I've sat and monitored the car at warm idle, as follows: Car idles warm at about 8-900rpm which I believe is normal. However, like clockwork every 10 seconds it dips to about 500-700rpm and struggles for 5 seconds before returning to normal. This also had an effect on the sensor readings: (approximately) Bank 1, sensor 1 = 0.25V (when idle rpm dips, this goes to 0) Bank 1, sensor 2 = 0.75V (when rpm dips, this rises to about 0.9) Bank 2, sensor 1 = 0.25V (as above, dips to 0) Bank 2, sensor 2 = 0.75V (as above, rises to about 0.9) It feels like the sensors are responding correctly, or at least working. My plugs were done about 25K miles ago. I recently cleaned the MAF sensor and I don't have any obvious signs of a vacuum leak. Do I have a fuelling issue - injectors? Car seems to be pulling fine at normal speed and acceleration has felt normal. At the moment - I'm inclined to try a new MAF sensor and do all the reset procedures. Any clue from the info above though? Car is a 2003 DE at 165K miles, using normal 5w30 oil. The only other thing I changed recently was putting in a HKS filter (standard airbox).
  3. evest

    20140415 163832 1

    From the kitchen window. Just looked cool siting there - 370Z wheels installed.
  4. evest

    20150218 174230

    From the album: Evest

    Work in progress
  5. evest

    2015 14

    From the album: Evest

    Meister-R Zeta-S adjustable coilovers. Car feels suberb in the corners!
  6. evest

    2015 6 (1)

    From the album: Evest

  7. evest

    2015 3 (1)

    From the album: Evest

  8. evest

    2015 1 (4)

    From the album: Evest

    Whiteline droplinks installed front and rear
  9. evest

    2015 1 (1)

    From the album: Evest

    New rocker covers, painted in wrinkle red. The oven stank of paint for a week afterwards - missus wasn't happy...
  10. evest

    zed3

    From the album: Evest

  11. evest

    zed2

    From the album: Evest

  12. evest

    zed5

    From the album: Evest

    Parked up alongside a beautiful Chevy 3600. The guy had a mini-bar in the back! There also a cool Dodge Challenger there too in full race livery but he buggered off before I got the camera out!
  13. evest

    Evest

×
×
  • Create New...