Jump to content

Stew

Ex Team Member
  • Posts

    23,044
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Stew

  1. Plenum spacers and a good intake / exhaust combo work well. I'd look at these first!
  2. Over 35mpg you might struggle with a decent sized 4x4. Something like a CRV might meet your requirements though.
  3. The 355 is still looking fresh today in my opinion and is still one of the most beautiful cars in my lifetime I think. We need more pics Dave!
  4. Stew

    My new shed!

    I'm sure it was a joke. A shed can't be more than 2k. It's the rules!
  5. The Scottish Government is lobbying westminster just now to cap the price of petrol. The fuel duty would vary depending on the oil price. They reckon it won't affect the net amount taken in by the government however I'm unsure how good the Scottish Goverment is at maths....
  6. I wear pink all the time. I like it and that makes me more manly than those that won't wear it. I'd drive a car that. As has been said I'd prefer it without the pink paint but leaving the wheels pink. It's cool! I have those skirts on my car, discontinued now unfortunately. I'd accept offers though!
  7. Probably Nom Nom Nom after biting your hand off!
  8. I worked at a petrol station and some of them used to shoplift something chronic even the wee kids. I wasn't going to challenge them over it though. To be honest a lot of them were perfectly nice and polite. We had more trouble with 'toonsers' that were total scumbags to be honest. The money they had in their pockets! And the car deals..... They used to meet people and buy £10k vans and £20k cars in readies.
  9. As I said the first time I saw that - They are missing 'issued from Shell PR dept.' at the bottom of it. The small profit on the price of fuel at the pump goes to the petrol station owner.
  10. Sensible option I think. Generally cats don't like citrus either so putting lemon peels or something round the car might help too.
  11. As someone who is currently organising a wedding I must say I'm inspired. My future wife however doesn't share my affection for traveller chic....
  12. I'm a simple man. All that goes through my head is cars, motorbikes, girls, beer, other things with motors and wheels and finally gadgets. That's about it.
  13. Pfffffffft, it's not even baby pink!
  14. Jt1703 got a pearlescent white wrap. Looks great! I'd go for something different if I could, Have a search for David Yu's GTR. It's wrapped metallic purple and it looks awesome. in fact To me, that looks AWESOME!
  15. Most 350Zs would be worth bout 10k so I guess that's the deposit!
  16. My mate bought that car (with the wrap removed) It was black underneath and ended up doing the wheels and exhaust black. Looked ace. http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/s ... =batmobile That was it after our mate Clark got his hands on it. edit - I lied, the exhaust tips were done black on the superleggera he bought afterwards. My bad!
  17. 50/50 with coke. That's your JD mix!
  18. My mate bought that car (with the wrap removed) It was black underneath and ended up doing the wheels and exhaust black. Looked ace.
  19. Alien picture wrap FTW.
  20. She's more likely to cut you up bit by bit to find out why it broke Neil! Yes, she's got the brains and the looks for us both.
  21. Not baby related! Well today my Fiancee (or future wife if you like...) goes back to Uni to start her PhD. It's going to be 3 years of hard work but hopefully worth it at the end. Not financially as Scientists are paid rubbish money I'm told! The PhD is in Neuro Science and something to do with nerves. Here is link to the abstract of the paper she had published in PNAS - http://www.pnas.org/content/early/2010/ ... 7.abstract And here is a bit more - http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2922142/ I'm really proud of her as she's worked really hard to get here and had so many set backs with obtaining funding. I'll be putting my money in the MND Scotland tub from now on though - http://www.mndscotland.org.uk/ as they are a charity that are actually funding studies that are looking at helping sufferers of this awful disease and not just paying pen pushers! Anyway, just wanted to share that as I'm so pleased for her.
  22. One of the best mods I carried out on the Zed was to get braided hoses and RBF600 fluid. Enen on the full on Dixcel setup I have I felt the difference changing these things. A set of decent pads with decent fluid an lines if you can and the brakes are absolutely spot on.
  23. Should be 35 profile on 19s generally. The important thing is matching the profile. I have seen up to 265s on the front and 305s on the rear in the UK.
  24. Some of the french members are pretty good at english though.... Have a search on here for 'French' or something concentrating on the intro section and you'll probably find the french members.
  25. Stew

    SPEED BUMPS

    I drive a lowered Aerosync (very similar to V1) car and speed bumps are a bit awkward. I generally avoid them.... The car can make it over most of them over at an angle slowly. Unlowered I don't think there would be much or an issue. A car is still for driving though and this is the reason I went for Aerosync as it's urethane and can flex over it. If it was fibreglass I think it would have been in a million bits by now!
×
×
  • Create New...