Jump to content

Stew

Ex Team Member
  • Posts

    23,044
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Stew

  1. Go back to bed, stick on a funny movie you've seen a million times before, maybe doze a bit..... Always makes me feel better!
  2. If you like it then anything under £100 and it's a total bargain really as it has the transfer fees included and the physical plates.....
  3. NSN could be nissan. If the bids stay low it would be a bargain though.
  4. whats the outside look like?????
  5. yep and i'm looking at cutting those back as well Fortunately I neither smoke or drink, and sex is free so I can still afford the meals out Sex is free!!! That's what the meals out are exchanged for!
  6. Could you not dial out the understeer with suspension settings? What tyres are you running just now? Seems some brands are more prone to understeering than others...
  7. Riding within your limits (you won't reach a decent bikes limit unless you are amazing....) and expecting the enexpected will help keep you alive. You ride the style of bike you like or that suits you.
  8. Stew

    ridiculous supra

    Nursing a semi.
  9. Yes the crash bar is not finished, it will be getting welded up to put some strength back in. I have debated to run with or with out it. Most cars iv built before and most cars on the track have them removed for a number of reasons, mainly weight and they get in the way, also if removed and you have an impact on one side and the chassis leg is bent the crash bar pushs the other leg accross too, so you have two legs to make streight rather than one. I feel with this chassis its quite important to keep it there for the chassis/handling. Not to mention to protect that peice of crap plastic front end and coolers as there so close, as i WILL be knocking and bumping into thing regularly The vq35 is quite a hard engine to keep cool, the 2jz is not so bad! Not that heat is not going to be a problem with this! I will be doing demos in Germany and Portugal throgh the summer so of course there is more to it than just the coolers. the bonnet is bearly going to exsist, its being chopped up to vent the hot air out and cold air in. of course doing demos in hot wether, your not going fast so that alone willl not be enough. So i am fitting a water spray system, using 6 screen wash jets to spray the oil cooler and rad, with a 10ltr drum. This will be wired to a two way switch, one so i can hold it on for as long as i like, the other fitted with a timed flashing relay, so it will spray for say a second then off for 2seconds etc etc. The HKS ecu is able to conroll the fans to come in at what ever temp i like, il also have a bypass switch so i can turn them on constant. The ecu will also be programed to run richer than it needs to be to aid cooling, along with putting more in once the coolant temp reachs a chosen temp, probs 90degs. Once it reachs 100degs the ignition will also be retarded. Also, the turbo housing and manifold are going to be ceramic coated. Fingers crossed that will be enough Yes, im guessing its going to be loud my s14 mesured 110 at idle also and 134db at 3.5krpm. But for that i had two exhaust systems, so if i was going to a track where i know they have noise problems i stuck the other system on with 4 silencers. The other had none just two bolts and slid it off the hangers, i plan to do the same with this, aswell a a removable cat as im going to keep it road legal. Still has MOT till july This being turbo thogh will automaticly be quieter than the same exhaust on a vq35, as the turbo quietens exhaust noise Thats intersting i thought the turbo would make it louder lol. Mines is road legal, i still have no cats though lol. A few boys had the japspeed k1 with decats and they said it was ridiculous. I used to go by a row of cars and set probably 2 out of 5 car alarms off if i was giving it welly lol. I ended up selling it as it was too loud for me turning up late at my house lol I did love the sound of it though, it was a great exhaust note doesn't need a multi quote! Hit quote on the post you want to quote. Then scroll to the bottom of the page and you'll see posts. There is a quote button in the right hand corner. Hit that and it adds the quote to the post.
  10. I'm sure the Dubbers will like!
  11. cutting in the carpark for the win!
  12. Ooooooh streetfighter!!!!! There are quite a lot of naked fans here.
  13. Was it the one Max Power built? If it was have a search on here. If you can't find anything drop me a PM and I can probably get some info.
  14. I'm sure you can find a power and torque curve for the 313 so you can have a look at where peak performance is and where it drops off. I think the HR might still be limited in low gears but can't confirm. Abeey might confirm though! An UpRev would sort that out though.
  15. I wouldn't mind that and I'm sure that's a grand below normal price! I'd go to a field and have a go of one of your mates motoX bikes. See how you like it.
  16. This is an awesome thread. I'm loving it but can't really contribute much as the level of modification is waaaaaay beyond me. I love build threads, they are great to look at but the members here are quieter than other places with these threads normally.
  17. That was a fun day Liam.
  18. I must say the pics don't really do it for me.... It's personal though I guess. Keep them clothed though please.
  19. As a Z1000 owner the tuono is right up my street. Something with speed, comfort and cool. Ok, Mines an I4 but the style is very similar. Pics of mine are here - viewtopic.php?f=21&t=35763&start=30 I still have never posted pics of the new exhausts though.... I haven't ridden it with the new exhausts either!
  20. Tuono??? (sp) Very nice. That shoot is about 15 years old. 'Olivia' used to be in Max Power etc when I was a loon! Sack riding a 'blade (insert any supersport bike name) to work. You'd be a mentalist to put yourself through that pain!
  21. I laughed at the little 'that's nice' in the middle! Sounds good to me Neil.
  22. Happy Birthday John. I hate to inform you that you are now closer to 30 than 20.
  23. Awesome! My mate at work had one (with MIVVs) and it was gooooood! I maxed it out overtaking cars over glenshee! The Dorsoduro 1200 is out now or very soon....
  24. Lucy had a Cooper S (I think it was an S...) previously!
  25. The 500 is nice Stan. Not much room in them though. Jayne originally went to buy one but felt it was just a bit small so went for the Punto instead. I sorted my boss out with a 500 when she arrived here. It's baby blue! I picked it up for her etc and it's good to drive and a nice place to sit. Nice and quirky inside. You'd probably like it! Abarth is AWESOME!
×
×
  • Create New...