Which is the best induction kit?

Chris141084

Best? In which way? Power? Sound? Looks?

I had a Fujita induction kit in mine, simply because I think it's the best looking and matched what I was doing with the engine bay. The Popcharger is popular because it's quite loud, but not exactly a looker. For the best power get yourself a performance drop in air filter for the OEM airbox.

Totally unsure what hard pipe intake I have but it's mated to a Simota cone filter. Normal every day driving this set up felt more responsive than my OE intake and air box I'm currently using. Plus the noise with the cone filter was amazing.

IMG_20160202_170924_edit_zpsj66kknte.jpg

Best? In which way? Power? Sound? Looks?

This.

Sound? Probably not the one that will get you the most power. (e.g Pop charger)

Power? Probably doesn't look that good (e.g Stillen)

Looks? Probably wont sound that good (e.g any old eBay tat)

Personally I have the stillen intake. You get less noise than the pop charger, but it gives decent returns if you are going in for a remap.

quite a few options out there,I had an AEM and now I am after an INJEN both good ones

as much as I like ARK I think is not manufactured any longer for quite some time so good luck finding one ...

I've got a K&N typhoon, seems pretty good to me apart from the carbon lid rattles a bit. also i couldn't fit the full air duct as it clashes with my oil cooler but cant blame k&n for that.

I had the same issue so I got some clear rubber trim and popped that on the metal edges. problem fixed.

I think I might have also put a piece of foam on the bonnet where the carbon lid rubbed and that held it in place.

definitely no rattles then

I don't have deep pockets, unfortunately. one that gives the most power, without spending a fortune, that isn't cheap ebay tat. Had a cheap one bought for me and it was just wrong in every way!

get a good quality panel filter if power is your thing, + a velocity stack kit

BMC, Apexi, K&N etc

most other kits suffer heatsoak and just give more noise.

but for many noise = butt dyno increase

but difference between stock, aftermarket panel or induction kit is the best part of bog all

so my honest adice is go with what you like the look of/sound of

unless you are chasing dyno numbers for pub bragging rights; then go panel filter

Not chasing bragging rights, just a bit more power, so maybe a induction kit for engine bay aesthetics, but a good panel filter giving the same gain for a fraction of the cost sounds like a no brainer