Scumball car

Andy

2 friends and I are entering the Scumball next year and I picked up our new car for the event last Friday. The rules state we could only spend up to £500 but I managed to source a 1987 Mercedes 420SE..that's the 4.2 V8 one! :teeth:

Here it is in all its glory as it was when I picked it up. I'll keep it updated as I sort it out and get it ready for the trip!

DSC00089.jpg

DSC00090.jpg

DSC00092.jpg

DSC00093.jpg

DSC00094.jpg

DSC00095.jpg

DSC00097.jpg

DSC00098.jpg

DSC00100.jpg

DSC00105.jpg

DSC00112.jpg

Not bad for £450! :teeth:

There were starting issues yeah :lol: I think a new battery may be in order very soon!!!

Mileage is currently at just over 150k but has full Mercedes service history up to 135k! :D:D

The only other thing I can find wrong with it are some knackered wipers and a stone chip in the offside headlight. Apart from that she is tip top!

Yeah, the one thing we are very pleased about is that it will be very comfy for the long drives. Plenty of room in the back for someone to have some kip on the journey if needed and plenty of room for the kit we need to take :D

As far as colours go, I think we are going to go for a solid black. Nice and subtle and will look right for the car. :thumbs:

definately black if you are heading anywhere near eastern europe. Just remember to tint the windows and drive with the headlights on. Watch all the Ladas get out of your way! B)

If you can get some diplomatic plates for it too...... ;):teeth: