350z's must be getting rare

Justthejedi

Think I've only seen about 4 different 350z's in total around here.

Seem to go through phases of spotting them and then not spotting one for a few weeks.

I've spotted you every day this week driving past my office I think :lol:

https://www.howmanyl...cle/nissan_350z

According to that there are around 5.5k on the road... Not many at all when you think about it!

Peaked at just a handful under 6,000 so just under a 10% drop. I would expect the numbers to drop at an ever accelerating rate in the next few years as A: They'll start becoming uneconomical to keep roadworthy and B: The slightest bump will result in a write off.

Pete

It really does make you wonder how Nissan make a profit seeing how few are listed. I too do a lot of motorway miles and it's vary rare I pass another zed. Same back in 2009 when I had my 350z. Combination of big engine and 2 seats I guess.

It really does make you wonder how Nissan make a profit seeing how few are listed.

They could have sold a lot more but here in the U.K in the period 2003-2006 Nissan limited the number of cars that dealers could have. I was quoted 3 months waiting back in January 2006. Most of the production went to The States , around 160,000 units sold and the Japanese domestic market. I think Nissans profit on the 350Z comes from selling spare parts :rant:. Audi did a similar thing with the original TT, 3-4 month long waiting lists, they wanted to keep the cars exclusive and keep 2nd hand prices high, at least that's what the Audi dealer told me.

Pete

Edited by JetSet