Beat me too it. :rant::lol:

Oh well, at least Leeds will probably get automatic promotion

+1 :yahoo:

As heard on 6-0-6 last night

What's the difference between Lewis Hamilton and the England Football Team

At least Hamilton will still have a McLaren in the morning

Every cloud etc....

:lol:

Now you lot know what it's like to be a Scotland fan! At least we tried....... :p

Shocking game, Beckham made the difference and Crouchs goal was superb. Awesome cross and great finish.

On the night though Croatia outclassed England by a country mile. You were lucky you got a very soft penalty (still a penalty none the less) for Lampard to make his only contribution to the game!

And on the BBC Motson behaved - no mention of Nineteenf**kingsixtysix!

Even though Im no football fan, I dont think it will make a blind bit of difference who we have as a manager. When they are trying to form a team from 11 people that play and act as individuals, any country that can muster 11 men with the slightest hint of national pride and drive, will turn England over.

They are all overpaid to a ridiculous degree that it just overshadows whatever sense of National pride they may have had, and it just becomes all about the money and the lifestyle - regardless of whether its an Engalnd shirt on their backs or a club shirt.

As I say, Im not a football fan, but thats how it looks to an "outsider".

Even though Im no football fan, I dont think it will make a blind bit of difference who we have as a manager. When they are trying to form a team from 11 people that play and act as individuals, any country that can muster 11 men with the slightest hint of national pride and drive, will turn England over.

They are all overpaid to a ridiculous degree that it just overshadows whatever sense of National pride they may have had, and it just becomes all about the money and the lifestyle - regardless of whether its an Engalnd shirt on their backs or a club shirt.

Totally agree with you there :thumbs:

Guest prescience

That's the point exactly, we need someone who will get his team playing for England and being proud of it. Clearly, for whatever reason, the players did not want to play for McLaren consciously or subconsciously. The new coach can compile a team from those who want to die for the shirt and if that means looking to so-called lower, less-paid players, so be it, I'd far rather have that :thumbs:

Case in point:

Taken from BBC news site:

McClaren, 46, who had a four-year deal, is expected to be paid more than £2m in compensation

What a brilliant scheme - sign up to the job, make a hash of it, and get £2m in compo for being sacked. :wacko:

Where do i sign!!!! :rant:

Whats the difference between Lewis Hamilton and England....

Lewis will still have a McLaren in the Morning

Yep well done, reminds me of last Christmas when we had this oap, 90 odd he was, he opened the christmas cracker tell the joke, then 2 minutes later pick up the same slip with the same joke and say it again. Mike, was you at my christmas dinner last year? :lol::p

Well, I watched the game last night as an avid fan. England were thrown a massive lifeline at the weekend with Israel winning, but it looked like nobody wanted to grasp it.

I have to congratulate Croatia. They had already qualified and I've seen it all too many times that the team who have already qualified don't turn up, that can't be said of Croatia.

Where does the blame lie...

True the Premiership has many foreigners, and this is something we had a problem with in Scotland and we've benefited from more teams playing with homegrown talent. However there are plenty of talented English players at this point.

The Manger, sorry but this guy is and always will be a diddy. Results achieved for Middlesborough were not exaclty fantastic, yes he took them on a European crusade, but how many of those games were goalathons and they got stuffed in the final. Tactically naive. Why play a new formation, because it suits the Chelsea players?!? When you score two goals in a row to equalise, you are on a role, there is belief.... why do you tell your players to sit back and defend! .... that plays into Croatias hands, as they looked shaky for the first time after the Crouch equaliser.

The Players, they have to take responsibility for their actions....or lack of.

The FA, they picked the wrong man in the first place.

Scolari would have had England playing flowing football.

Mourinho, it won't be entertaining but you'll get results and you could win something. Personally I don't think he would be interested.

The Media, they are there own worst enemies, building players and teams into something they are not. Then there is the normal negative press before the big tournaments.

Rant over... :)