Window motor from America...

Sargara

Random question, sorry if this is obvious:

If i was to purchase a replacement Window motor from America for my drivers door, am I right in thinking I need to order the American RH (Passenger) motor to fit my UK RH (Drivers) door? Or do I need the American LH (Drivers) motor for my UK RH (Drivers) door?

Cheers.

Yes, order the USDM pax door motor to fit your UKDM drivers door :thumbs:

But before you do that, try Clark Motorsport or Cougar Store for the part, they'll be cheaper than Nissan and maybe cheaper than getting it in the US after Tax and Duty is added on.

Thanks Kyle I figured as much!

I dont think they can beat £90.13 shipped for a new motor, even paying tax and duty that is still coming out cheaper than a used one from eBay ;)

(edit) Just bought it, £113.36 GBP all in with import charges. For anyone interested:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Power-Window-Motor-Passenger-Side-Right-RH-for-Infiniti-G35-Coupe-Nissan-350Z-/310953184331?hash=item4866410c4b

155 sold and counting!

Edited by Sargara

I know about the Youtube videos on disasembling the motor, replacing bushes etc but thats not my idea of easy DIY if it needs a Soldering Iron.

Given the options of £300 Nissan OEM, £~120 used on eBay or £113 new from America I have made my choice.

Edited by Sargara

I know about the Youtube videos on disasembling the motor, replacing bushes etc but thats not my idea of easy DIY if it needs a Soldering Iron.

Given the options of £300 Nissan OEM, £~120 used on eBay or £113 new from America I have made my choice.

Are these motors not aftermarket ?

Genuine Nissan new power window motors are only £179.00 from forum traders.

Worth paying a bit extra for the genuine article and a local warranty IMHO.

Aftermarket, but I imagine all from the same source one has a Nissan sticker applied the other doesnt as with most manufacturers.

Not in this instance I am afraid.

New after market will not be manufactured by the same company as new OEM Genuine Nissan.

Hope it works ok, also you do not get extra duty in the UK before delivery.

Cheers I'll let you know when it arrives but I assume it wont as its been paid, hence the price jump from £90 to £113.

Not in this instance I am afraid.

New after market will not be manufactured by the same company as new OEM Genuine Nissan.

Do you have details of who manufacturers OEM Genuine Nissan so I can compare?

Edited by Sargara

All my experience on expensive parts buddy, I pay the price of part and shipping covering all costs to the UK, then I get a letter from Parcelforce to go and pick up the parcel and pay the import duty. With the import duty then on top Parcelforce handling charge and Vat, its quite a hike. Hope all goes well mate.

I got 1 from the US lately, for £89, delivered in a matter of days, no extra import charges on that, but, they appear to have gone up in $ since?

• 6 months later...