How low for daily driving? Springs or coilovers? any pics of your cars with springs and specific drops?

slickcell

I'm new to the forum (and 350z ownership) so forgive me if this is similar to a question previously asked (I did do a search but couldn't find exactly what I was after)

Basically, I'm wanting to know what realistically is the lowest I can go without major scraping? I will be using the car daily and do have to get over 3 speed bumps to get into my house. They're not monstrous speed bumps, but they are there unfortunately.

I really would love to go for 30mm drop but not sure how badly that will affect me or whether to stay closer to a 20mm drop. I guess what would convince me would be seeing some of your cars with different drops on different springs so I could make an informed choice :)

If it makes any difference, I'm fitting 19" Japan racing JR3 (9.5j ET20). I can get over minor scraping but I can't tolerate arch rubbing.

Also, I have considered spending £700 on BC Racing coilovers but obviously would rather save in areas where I can get away with a cheaper alternative, I.e. Springs. I don't want to have a ridiculously harsh ride on a daily driver as I've no such experience with coilovers (apart from £200 eBay specials I once got for my Ibiza FR lol)

• Like 1

Thanks bud. So you have yours set at the absolute softest they will go? Just asking because I know there are 30-something dampening settings, right?

I suppose they're the only way to go as they give room for adjustability for different wheels and driving needs. Makes sense since I'd be spending £250 on the eibach springs anyway, wouldn't entertain any of the others.

Have u any pics of yours as it sits?

Thanks bud. So you have yours set at the absolute softest they will go? Just asking because I know there are 30-something dampening settings, right?

I suppose they're the only way to go as they give room for adjustability for different wheels and driving needs. Makes sense since I'd be spending £250 on the eibach springs anyway, wouldn't entertain any of the others.

Have u any pics of yours as it sits?

Hi

No pics at moment, but I will post some tomorrow. Yes I do set them soft for normal driving and set them about 9 clicks from hard on track day or airfields days. I am experimenting with the damper setting at moment to see which is best.

• Like 1

Posted (edited) · Hidden by glrnet, May 31, 2015 - No reason given
Hidden by glrnet, May 31, 2015 - No reason given

Excellent mate, I look forward to seeing pics.

Thanks for your help :)

Hi, I have uploaded one photo.

Hope you can see it.

Edited by daveallen1999

I had a 30+mm drop and a V2 front bumper and I could get over speed bumps with very very minor scraping to the underside of the bumper and exhaust flexi's

Must get a look at your thread. Is a V2 bumper lower or something? I'm not quite sure what that is to be honest...

I had a 30+mm drop and a V2 front bumper and I could get over speed bumps with very very minor scraping to the underside of the bumper and exhaust flexi's

Must get a look at your thread. Is a V2 bumper lower or something? I'm not quite sure what that is to be honest...

The V2 would be marginally lower, but also a longer nose, so more chance of rubbing on speed bumps etc.

The V2 would be marginally lower, but also a longer nose, so more chance of rubbing on speed bumps etc.

I don't mind some scraping, just as long as it wouldn't be so low that it would rip my bumper off completely or start to beat on my aftermarket exhaust (when I get one) to the point that it does serious damage!

The v2 bumper looks sooooooo good!

I don't mind some scraping, just as long as it wouldn't be so low that it would rip my bumper off completely or start to beat on my aftermarket exhaust (when I get one) to the point that it does serious damage!

The v2 bumper looks sooooooo good!

I found the only speed bumps to do damage are the ones that look ridiculously big. The well worn ones in town centres etc should be ok :thumbs:

• 1 month later...