Is this normal chatter from light fly?

dannybz

I'm concerned, recently had the light fly fitted with the new clutch, and after reading a few posts that people from people that have fitted them and reading that they do not get chatter when idle, i think something may be wrong with mine then as i have got pretty annoying chatter.

When you first start her up or when the engine is cold, it seems okay and the revs generally are slightly higher but after a while of driving and then coming to a stop the idle kind of bounces around does not seem stable and makes the chatter.

Here's a video will need sound up to hear though... can anybody tell me if there Zed suffers the same chatter when idle light flywheel?

https://www.youtube....h?v=j_7AIBDoIpk

Edited by dannybz

Can't really tell, someone kept revving the engine during the video!

Grab another one, use a mate to help you by sitting in the seat and pushing the clutch down every now and then so we can tell the difference, whilst you film from just outside the door.

I fitted the clutch kit from clarks motor sport.

Sometimes it will be normal, usually when it's not been on for so long but after a good drive the idle will chatter, it's a bit annoying... is there anything that can be done to stop it? And does my idle look to be at the right revs?

Chatter and indeed noise whilst driving up to 2k revs is normal and you get used to it.

Bouncy revs? Spray the throttle butterfly liberally with carb cleaner, leave for 20 mins then spray again. If it looks really claggy then agitate the pipe (not the butterfly) with a soft toothbrush or similar.

You may need to do the ECU and idle rev reset procedure afterwards as if the throttle was dirty your idle will be much too high now. Once reset you will have a smooth tickover again.

If not, nothing lost except a little time and a tenner for the spray :)

• Like 1