Nurburring 24H race

grahamc

Just back from Nurburgring 24H over the weekend, with the GTROC and Nissan/NISMO hospitality. Had an awesome time and the surprise was that we got to drive around the ring as part of the parade lap. Intro to the race :)........... probably shouldnt mention that it was in a Leaf :( We were led out by the Nissan GTR GT1 car that is privately owned, awesome car and what a noise!!!!

Toyota had a 2000GT, dealer maintained, stunning car!! Will post up a picture later, but got chatting to the dealer principle that was driving the car and eventually one of the Nissan guys came over and we got chatting and eventually got onto the 240z subject. So long story short....... if the car is ready for N24H next year, its guaranteed a spot on the parade lap :D

Back to N24H news, the GTR (GT academy driven) finished 9th overall and the 2nd GTR failed out on track with only 49 minutes to go and was right behind the other GTR. They werent quite as quick as the other cars, but they were a lot more efficient, managed a few extra laps to every stop.

zuv.jpg

Was also VERY impressed with the new Subaru Impreza STi which finished 18th overall and top of its class by 10 laps!

10931315_792364780842749_3449321792608962881_n-1.jpg

And then there was this, also a class winner and a very respectable 52nd overall

dec27fe395c5a325c44e7133483b2c67a99a3272c06a05633c79513b370b11c7.jpg

• Like 3

Sounds like a great event and you now have some added incentive to get the 240 done :)

definitely was...... oh yes, it will be finished by then!

I'm massively jealous Graham always go to vln races and stay in the dorint to watch off the balcony but have yet to tick the 24 hour box.

My first 24h race and although sleeping next to the track was noisy, it was worth it! Obviously wanted to do LeMans, but the costs are just a little silly and the missus wont tent.

• Like 1

Love the pictures Graham and what an event to go to that must have been. B)

Is it just me though or does that Impreza STi look like an EVO X from the front. :dry:;)

Awesome event.... already booked onto the one next year :D

Oops.......... but just a little

Not far off

I know right. :)

Still a great looking saloon car imo whatever badge it's sporting though. :thumbs:

Subaru ran 1 car and it ran perfectly and won the class and finished 18th overall...... I have a soft spot for Imprezas

Not far off

Still a great looking saloon car imo whatever badge it's sporting though. :thumbs:

Subaru ran 1 car and it ran perfectly and won the class and finished 18th overall...... I have a soft spot for Imprezas

Me too sort of, :dry: ...loved my96 JDM Impreza but just not the constant repair bills.

Guess that's what I get though for buying an import with no history and modding it to within an inch of it's life. Loved the noise my anti lag set up used to make. :evil:

• Like 1

Not far off

Me too sort of, :dry: ...loved my96 JDM Impreza but just not the constant repair bills.

Guess that's what I get though for buying an import with no history and modding it to within an inch of it's life. Loved the noise my anti lag set up used to make. :evil:

Have had 4 of them, non turbo, 2000GT, v3 sti, v7 sti.... and I bought a rather nice type R for a friend - loved them and never had issues with any of mine. 400hp and lots of suspension, brakes and track based mods (seats, stripped, r888s) and it was just too much for the road. Still regret selling that one...

• Like 1

Have had 4 of them, non turbo, 2000GT, v3 sti, v7 sti.... and I bought a rather nice type R for a friend - loved them and never had issues with any of mine. 400hp and lots of suspension, brakes and track based mods (seats, stripped, r888s) and it was just too much for the road. Still regret selling that one...

I think when I had mine (2007/08) the thing I enjoyed most was that my best mate also had one so we were always tinkering together on the cars.

He still has his which is a JDM my99 Impreza Sti Type RA V-Limited now sporting around 450Bhp@hubs (BBK, Teins etc etc). B)

It is a flippin' animal. :lol::D

• Like 1

I think when I had mine (2007/08) the thing I enjoyed most was that my best mate also had one so we were always tinkering together on the cars.

He still has his which is a JDM my99 Impreza Sti Type RA V-Limited now sporting around 450Bhp@hubs (BBK, Teins etc etc). B)

Must be an animal!!

Must be an animal!!

Taken him something like 10 years to get it to that state. Honestly it's f**king scary being a passenger. :lol:

His engine is a forged build 2.1 stroker kit done on the closed deck EJ20 boxer engine by Paul Finch/Finch Motorsport (previous F1 engine builder with a history in motorsports). Not sure about the full spec or the turbo he's now using but let's just say it's very, very impressive. ;)