When are you too old for a nice car?

twobears

You're never too old for a nice car. In fact most nice cars come with age, having money and lower insurance costs. I'd be driving round in a brand new M6 if I had the money and reasonable insurance costs.

However, you may be too old to drive a low slung sports car due to difficulties getting in and out, or may be too old to drive a manual due to leg pain or whatever. in which case your nice car becomes a supercharged jaguar :)

if you can get in and out of a sportscar and happily drive a manual, then buy it!

if, however, you become so old that basic driving flummoxes you (roundabouts, lane discipline, parking, driving at the speed limit) then please, start getting the bus.

Edited by brillomaster
  • Like 1

(Apparently the wife of the guy who runs the Nissan dealership in Winchester is 70+ and her daily driver is a 370Z)

Which reminds me, the lady that runs the local animal rescue centre (Anne Owen, she got an MBE in the last honours list) drives a Crossfire and she must be at least 70. The first time I ever visited the centre, mid 1980's, I had to wait around for a Mrs Rice to turn up and when she did I was amazed that she rolled up in a Fiat X1/9 and that she must have been at least 80 :) .

Pete

• Like 2

I had a nose at 4C's over lunch and they are more expensive than I thought.

Asked myself if I would buy one for that price and decided that I would probably prefer a similarly priced Jaguar F Type.

A very special car, looks fantastic (in the right colour - the burnt orange for me), and possibly does not require you to be a yoga instructor to get in and out of.

Just a thought - but obviously if it is a 4C you desire most then a 4C you should get. But I will have to pull out of the Group Buy for the 4C's :lol:

• Like 1

Damn, I thought we might get a BOGOF and I was going to take the free one :lol: MrTwoBears keeps telling me to look at Jags but I feel as though I want one more frivolous car before I admit to being a grown up :blush: