Transmissions Mount

bc1987

So I thought I would let you know about the transmissions mount that Tarmac sourced for me.

20150511_125242_zpsfe6cygsc.jpg

It is from a company called torque solution and it was super easy to fit taking me a grand total of 45 mins in my drive way.

20150511_125249_zpsjesmqcdz.jpg

I also found that you can change it quite easily without removing the y pipe provided you have a 14mm spanner.

I bought it because I read some threads talking about how it reduced gear crunching for some people and this is something my car suffers with.

After fitting it the first thing you notice is the noise. It makes your car sound awesome! It's a really deep roar. The gear stick doesn't quiver any more and the car drives so much smoother When piling on the power.

This may be a placebo effect of the noise but it also feels like the car is more stable going into turns aswell.

I also am yet to get a grinding gear with it but this could be misleading as I have only done about 100 miles.

The only down side I have found so far is that when you are crawling along you hear every noise the gearbox even thinks about making but this is gone by the time you hit 20. Maybe this would annoy you if it was your daily drive.

anyway, that's it! Thought this might answer some questions for anybody thinking about replacing their mount too.

• Like 2

Havn`t done the Z yet but one the best things I did to my old S14a was uprate engine and gearbox mounts. Huge difference to stability, no gearbox swinging about underneath. Deffinately recommended.

Is your uprated mount poly or stiffer rubber?. Is the Interior noise increased?

Would you rate these for a daily driven commuter car?

Thanks for the feedback. B)

I got one from ebay a couple of months ago (about £85) - I can only echo EXACTLY what you said and as I have mentioned on other threads.

I think for a daily drive, the Hardrace rubber mount would be less intrusive noise wise but either way, get rid of the OEM one as it's awful !!!

+1 on the feedback I have the exact torque solutions one and it reduces the slopinines in the gear stick and makes shifting more precise. There is a slight increase in NVH as expected but nothing unpleasant. I highly recommend it if you want to get the best out of your gearboxðŸ‘.

I went one step further and replaced my torque solution mount in winter with a full solid metal bush mount in tying with my solid engine, diff and suspension bushes. Gear changes are now 100% riffle precise, no slop/vagueness and you can actually appreciate the OEM close ratios especially if you got a short shifter like me with a stick extension. But the NVH is very harsh as expected. It does not bother me as the rest of the car is race car harsh. The added benefit of the solid mount is that my engine, gearbox and diff are all stressed members with obvious handling benefit.

I'll be putting my almost urethane TS mount for sale up soon.

• Like 1

Urethane engine mounts are available as you will hate the solid mounts on a DD.

If you are going to benefit the whole drive train fully then consider the diff too and the all the suspension bushesðŸ˜.

The subframe bushes eliminate wheel hop on hard launches but it's a pain to do if you are on a budget.

Hey fella! Longtime mate. You would like a drive better and then decide for yourself if ultimate handling is worth sacrificing the comfort of the zed. To me it does and make every time I get in and drive a special event.

Just need that full cage done and harness and there will be no pretence what the car has niw become.

I may come to Wales tomoz or if you are going then stop off in Worcester for a bit. Pm if you want my number.

+1 on getting the diff mount replaced too. It's a bit more of a pain as you gave to chew the old one out but that said it's easy to access so just a matter of a little time. It really tightens the transmission up. In my case my car had done a fair few miles and the difference was night and day.

I also had that done last week.

Biggest difference is from the transmission mount though.

You mean the most palpable difference😎. Since you can feel the gearshift in your palms but trust me on this if you do the engine, subframe and diff too your driveline tightens up and power is fed to the wheels with minimal loss to unwanted twisting from the engine torque and there is a markedly reduced wheel hop/ bounce on hard launches.

You will repeat my words when we sort your final bushes out mate.

BTW what's up with the silverstone meets with your supercar friends?

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

i can still hear my exhaust and its a scorpion so barely louder than stock?

it is definately louder though. not really one for a daily driver. having said hat i recently sold my other car and have been using the Z every day and it isnt too bad.

I'll give it abit longer see how I feel lol I still have the original mount an it's still in perfect condition so could always swap them back if I can't take it

Let me know if you do as I'm looking for one and will buy this one off you