fi guys what exhausts are you running and why

nissanman312

I'm pretty confident that its still rasp from the decats ..... Mine does this and it's fitted properly and 100% not touching anything ( Horsham developments double checked everything ) the braces will help a bit but I've read this is just a trait of decat pipes . If you fit a true dual system ( invidia/ ark ) then this gets rid of the rasp but the true duals are louder/ drone more .

I've ordered the art pipes to try and combat some of the rasp from my miltek ( conventional y pipe design exhaust ) ill let you know nic if this helps .

Annoyingly the berk decat pipes come with the tabs on to install the brace !!

I also have some berk HFC if you want them nic?

I'm pretty confident that its still rasp from the decats ..... Mine does this and it's fitted properly and 100% not touching anything ( Horsham developments double checked everything ) the braces will help a bit but I've read this is just a trait of decat pipes . If you fit a true dual system ( invidia/ ark ) then this gets rid of the rasp but the true duals are louder/ drone more .

I've ordered the art pipes to try and combat some of the rasp from my miltek ( conventional y pipe design exhaust ) ill let you know nic if this helps .

That's not a rasp though, that's a metallic rattle. That's if we're talking about the same sound - 11/12 seconds and 18/19 seconds.

That's not a rasp though, that's a metallic rattle. That's if we're talking about the same sound - 11/12 seconds and 18/19 seconds.

Not sure I agree - as I said earlier - it sounds like a significantly worse version of the noise I get from my exhaust / HFC combination and I definitely have no issues with knocking or loose parts. If you watch the video you will see that noise appears to occur when the car reaches the limit he's revving it to and just before the revs start to drop down again. If it was a knocking issue I would expect to hear the noise as the revs climb - not just when they start to fall. Perhaps a loose joint or something is making it worse, but I think it's an issue with pronounced rasp. I guess the only way to find out for sure though is the checks that have been suggested.

Not sure I agree - as I said earlier - it sounds like a significantly worse version of the noise I get from my exhaust / HFC combination and I definitely have no issues with knocking or loose parts. If you watch the video you will see that noise appears to occur when the car reaches the limit he's revving it to and just before the revs start to drop down again. If it was a knocking issue I would expect to hear the noise as the revs climb - not just when they start to fall. Perhaps a loose joint or something is making it worse, but I think it's an issue with pronounced rasp. I guess the only way to find out for sure though is the checks that have been suggested.

Must be a 370 thing then :shrug: My cars king of rasp, as it sounds like a poxy civic with the headers on :lol: And it doesn't make any noise close to that :S

Must be a 370 thing then :shrug: My cars king of rasp, as it sounds like a poxy civic with the headers on :lol: And it doesn't make any noise close to that :S

Probably doesn't help that 'rasp' means different things to different people but here's an example of what somebody terms a raspy BMW exhaust - if you listen carefully a similar sound occurs when the revs start to drop at 48 seconds - a sort of buzz - it's not as loud as on the OP's car but pretty much the same sound. :) It does seem to be pretty much par for the course to expect some rasp when combining an after-market exhaust with anything other than stock cats on the 370. I never got it at all when I just had the Stillen exhaust but it does seem to happen a bit since I added HFCs. Good thing is the overall sound more than makes up for it. :)

Edited by sipar69

Only bit of Stillen in my exhaust is the Y pipe..

My VQ35-DESC setup is OEM headers, Fast Intention HFCs, Stillen Y, and the rest Fujitsubo Legalis R (stainless) with 4" tips.

Love it personally: vvvmmms at 2750-3000 RPM cruising rather than drones on uninvited. Yowls at me when my boot is down :teeth: People comment that my car sounds good - I agree :thumbs:

Anyone in here had experience with the stillen exhaust?

Don't know who I bother sometimes ;). Me...I've got a Stillen....I mentioned it earlier in this thread ;)

I'm not supercharged but here's a review if you're interested. Will and Colin are also fans of the Stillen. It's not overly loud but a great exhaust. If you don't run stock cats you can expect some rasp but nothing as loud as you currently seem to have. :)

http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/83723-my-nismo-given-the-cobra-and-stillen-treatment/

Edited by sipar69

• 3 weeks later...

Nic you need to hear my exhaust — It sounds so good!

Motordyne ART pipes, Ark GRiP system. No rasp, great sound, just a bit of stainless 'zing'. Sounds expensive :D

Edited by dajw

Nic you need to hear my exhaust — It sounds so good!

Motordyne ART pipes, Ark GRiP system. No rasp, great sound, just a bit of stainless 'zing'. Sounds expensive :D

That's cos it is expensive ;)

You up for a meet down at sidmouth?

Check out the south west meets section .....

:)

• Like 1

Don't know who I bother sometimes ;). Me...I've got a Stillen....I mentioned it earlier in this thread ;)

I'm not supercharged but here's a review if you're interested. Will and Colin are also fans of the Stillen. It's not overly loud but a great exhaust. If you don't run stock cats you can expect some rasp but nothing as loud as you currently seem to have. :)

http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/83723-my-nismo-given-the-cobra-and-stillen-treatment/

Sorry my bad

Sorry my bad

• Like 1