fi guys what exhausts are you running and why

nissanman312

I have done the rounds on exhaust systems over the past couple of years and after a lot of failed sound tests,back pressure problems,poor build quality and power loss I have got the best combination that suits my car.

De cats and a full Miltek system including Y pipe.

On full boost yesterday at Castle Combe it was the system for the more mature Zedder!! Lol

Do you get much rasp from your system Andy

Is it resonated?

I can't decide which way to go don't want to throw a grand at a system to find out its no different

I'm wondering if some resonated test puppies will sort it

Ill put a video up later so you can see what the problem is

Edited by nissanman312

There's a couple in my photo bucket ones a cold start

But basically the raspy rattle at about 4 thousand is there a lot on below 60mph cruise

Does sound rattly doesn't it. :dry: No help I know (sorry) but can imagine that's a bit annoying.

Yeah just a bit

It was fine before decat but I don't think it's the decats rather that the decats have brought out a not nice side of the cobra

Oh yeah and the blower lol

Perhaps its just good for na cars as it was nice before

Nic, although I'm happy to get an Invidia Gemini exhaust for you, before you spend anymore money, try the following:

- check fitment issues - vibration under load makes the pipes touch body parts under the car, check heat shields, usually the bolts on them snap very easily.

- if that doesn't solve it, try welding brackets on the Invidia test pipes and fit the OEM cats brace on them, that should eliminate the rasp.

That noise is likely to be a heat shield, if not somethings not mounted correctly, loose nut etc...as that rattle isn't the exhaust note, it's metal rattling about.

Yeah I think your right I'm wondering if the baffles have possibly broke up in the back box if nothing is touching the body which I'll check the weekend

It did it when the car was na but only when cold for the first 2/3 minutes of running then was fine

Nic, although I'm happy to get an Invidia Gemini exhaust for you, before you spend anymore money, try the following:

- check fitment issues - vibration under load makes the pipes touch body parts under the car, check heat shields, usually the bolts on them snap very easily.

- if that doesn't solve it, try welding brackets on the Invidia test pipes and fit the OEM cats brace on them, that should eliminate the rasp.

Brace?