R888... R?!

Ekona

Downsides: Only come with 6mm tread and sh*te in the wet and not cheap.

See, everyone says that about the regular 888s and I found them to be incredibly good in the wet, considering. I can't see these being any worse.

• Like 1

Downsides: Only come with 6mm tread and sh*te in the wet and not cheap.

See, everyone says that about the regular 888s and I found them to be incredibly good in the wet, considering. I can't see these being any worse.

Partially agree, I also found normal 888s to be okay in the wet, but standing water is a no go.

However my local motor sport tyre man has informed me that the R888R wont work in the wet.

Only time will tell. :drive1 :drive1 :drive1

• Like 1

I saw this recently searching for alternatives(Dz032G, federal FZ-201, yoko AD048-r, kumhoV70a) to the ubiquitous R888 but my tyre sizes are a pain and after much headaches I've settled on get the regular R888😜.

I wish the R888r in my sizes where out by mid June but I doubt. Will give DT a buzz.

@Dan/zmanalex What compound choice(s) do you recommend considering the zed is from heavy and I'd like to get decent longevity out of this since driving to the Ring hopefully 3-4 trips this year.

Secondly have you used the XL rated r888?. The r888 side walls are stiff to start with and so the reinforced XL tyres may be worthwhile. What are your thoughts?

Edited by GT4 Zed

I always use GG on my cars, so that's everything from the VXR to the MR2 to the 350Z, and have tried the GG on an RX8 too. I had no issues on any of them, and tbh I didn't even realised they did an XL 888. That might be worth a punt, but given that you don't get a huge amount of feel on an 888 compared to, say, an 048, I wonder if the XL might make that worse?