Ring Trip

Kaveney

I didn't manage to meet up with the DaveyBoy or Luke as they had car problems (the TT and Cooper that were with them). Had a great day though! Ended up on the Youtube highlights video getting overtaken by a tuned Z4 and 458 italia though! Really looking forward to another trip down there if anyone's doing it soon :)

Yes! Apologies for that!

One of the Mini Cooper s was written off before we even got to the tunnel!!! Rolled several times through several trees!

Audi tt had its water pump go in Belgium and had to leave it there till fixed and go back collect it 3 days later

Other Mini Cooper s shat a wheel bearing and a drive shaft on second day.

And the 2 Zeds were fine!!!! Even managed pretty good lap times!!!

Saw a few Zeds and gave the usual wave!

Already planning next years trip!

No worries. I was messaging Daveyboy the night before and he let me know of some issues you guys were having! I heard that one of the Zeds had some brake judder at high speed though? What sort of lap times did you guys get in?

It was absolutely manic for me going round on Saturday... had Ferrari 458s, a Lamborghini Huracan and GTRs up my backside the whole way round! I was near to the two 350Zs that had come up from Switzerland (in the car park).

Would love to join next time anyone is heading down!

Glad I got my 4 laps over and done with by 9am, was mental by then. Not sure I ever want to go back on the ring, unless it's an organised track day. Waaaay beyond my skill level and 98% of the drivers out there and simply not worth the risk any more (all macho b*llshit aside).

No worries. I was messaging Daveyboy the night before and he let me know of some issues you guys were having! I heard that one of the Zeds had some brake judder at high speed though? What sort of lap times did you guys get in?

It was absolutely manic for me going round on Saturday... had Ferrari 458s, a Lamborghini Huracan and GTRs up my backside the whole way round! I was near to the two 350Zs that had come up from Switzerland (in the car park).

Would love to join next time anyone is heading down!

Yeah that was me with the judder. Warped disc, so as got hotter it got worse. Shook the whole car quite badly.

Managed a 8:59. With working brakes and a clear run I should have been around the 8:40mark. Aiming for sub 8:30 next year. Should be easily done with the mods I'm planning this year.

Had to drive to Belgium on sat afternoon to collect mates audi tt, so wiped a whole afternoon out unfortunately!

How was your trip?

• Like 1

Absolute nightmare! Did you get new discs then? Sub 8:30? That'd be impressive as the quoted time for a 350Z around the ring is 8:26! Suppose it depends on the mods you're looking at! My trip was pretty decent, was pretty hungover though! I think I was around the 10 minute mark for my lap, seeing as there was a lot of traffic on the ring, and I was being cautious! You find any good pics of you guys lapping the ring?

Sorry couldn't have joint you all, had hoped to get a few laps in myself but people to see, places to be etc.

So who was in the red Z at Adenau Første? Come on, dont be shy.:))

Yeah it was pretty busy, me and Dave went out to try and get him under the 9minute barrier, but saw 2 Clios in each other first bend, 1 biker off and an integra in the Armco!!!

If there has been a closure, then as soon as it reopens everyone just goes mental and crashes. Really frustrating.

8:26 is a full lap though, so take off 30s for a btg roughly!

No, I didn't have time to get them changed, so just drove on them! Just needed to brake harder!

Next year will have to go when it's not a bank holiday, and do Spa aswell!!

Absolutely loved it even with the issues with the 'reliable' German cars we had in our convoy ;). Luke has basically the entire track mapped out in his head so having him co pilot was super helpful but unfortunately didn't crack the 8 minute mark, I wasn't far off with a 9:06 so I know I can achieve it with a clear track!

Why? Its one of the easiest corners on the track.;) As long as you dont tuck in to far left, theres a hump that will kick the backend out if you hit it.About one and a half meters out is best as it is one corner that has a special deal with the armco.

Get it right and it can be done very quickly.

Afair bit of time is lost at angst, most people brake, again, get it right and you dont need to as the exit is still a fairly steep gradient.In fact the last braking point for that area is Bergwerk and the next is Steilstrecke which is around three and a half kilometers (never actually clocked it)

Absolutely loved it even with the issues with the 'reliable' German cars we had in our convoy ;). Luke has basically the entire track mapped out in his head so having him co pilot was super helpful but unfortunately didn't crack the 8 minute mark, I wasn't far off with a 9:06 so I know I can achieve it with a clear track!

Because of my position here at the Ring, I couldn't possibly condone nything that resembles a "personal lap best time" as it is illegal here (I kid you not)

I will say that attempting to improve can be extremely frustrating (traffic) and also very dangerous.

However, the track tends to be a lot less crowded on a Monday, Tuesday or a Wednesday evening session.Warm sunny evening runs can be absolute magic.;)

Why? Its one of the easiest corners on the track.wink.gif As long as you dont tuck in to far left, theres a hump that will kick the backend out if you hit it.About one and a half meters out is best as it is one corner that has a special deal with the armco.

Get it right and it can be done very quickly.

^^^THIS

:drive1

Definitely an armco repair invoice cash cow...

Edited by Dynamic Turtle