Go pro, need some help

HAMLNJ

Hi guys, I have just bought a gopro and interested to see everyone's vids with there Zeds. Any hints and tips welcome. I have subbed to a few of you on here and searched and searched but I know loads of you will post on YouTube without 350z as the tital so it's difficult to find.

I'd highly recommend you get the genuine GoPro suction cup mount if you haven't already got one.

Link: http://www.currys.co...0150505220133:s

More expensive than the cheap one's from Taiwan/China etc that you see on eBay but then it's rated & tested at over 150mph so shouldn't fall off the car if you mount it on the outside. It's what I used to fix my GoPro to the front windscreen for recording my Castle Combe action day. :thumbs:

Edit: Also if your GoPro is one of the better ones with WiFi then download the free phone App from GoPro as it makes setting up the camera & using other features so much easier. ;)

Edited by GMballistic
  • Like 1

I'd highly recommend you get the genuine GoPro suction cup mount if you haven't already got one.

Link: http://www.currys.co...0150505220133:s

More expensive than the cheap one's from Taiwan/China etc that you see on eBay but then it's rated & tested at over 150mph so shouldn't fall off the car if you mount it on the outside. It's what I used to fix my GoPro to the front windscreen for recording my Castle Combe action day. :thumbs:

Edit Also if your GoPro is one of the better ones with WiFi then download the free phone App from GoPro as it makes setting up the camera & using other features so much easier. ;)

Hi mate, yeah it's got wifi, really pleased with it. Can't wait to stick in on the car. Need to get a suction cup. So will spend the money as suggested. Car is in the garage at the moment...since sat and I'm clucking like a heroine addict now!!! Hopefully getting it back tomorrow

Hi mate, yeah it's got wifi, really pleased with it. Can't wait to stick in on the car. Need to get a suction cup. So will spend the money as suggested. Car is in the garage at the moment...since sat and I'm clucking like a heroine addict now!!! Hopefully getting it back tomorrow

The good thing about the App is that you can set up your shots by using your phone screen rather than just guessing or having to spend the £70-£80 GoPro charge for the bulky add on LED screen. Also very useful for changing the settings ~ like frame rates/camera upside down or not etc. B)

Fingers crossed you get the car back tomorrow mate. :)

• Like 2

Don't want to disagree with GM but I'd also consider Dog Cam Sport for accessories, their suction mount is extremely sturdy and I've used it to mount the GP externally to the rear and front glass also. Though I would recommend a second teather if you are doing that, for added confidence.

http://www.dogcamsport.co.uk

If you find a good external mike and windsock combo, post it up, Getting decent audio is the bit I've struggled with most, so far :(

If you are planning on using it for track, remember they don't allow suction type mounts, so you'll need a headrest mount or a semi permanent adhesive mount for the windscreen.

• Like 2

The good thing about the App is that you can set up your shots by using your phone screen rather than just guessing or having to spend the £70-£80 GoPro charge for the bulky add on LED screen. Also very useful for changing the settings ~ like frame rates/camera upside down or not etc. B)

Fingers crossed you get the car back tomorrow mate. :)

cheers for advice Gareth, I have LCD screen !, haha, but the app is much easier I must say. I'd like to see some YouTube links now get some inspiration!

Car went into my mates garage for gearbox oil, diff oil, some brake adjustments and my cats to go back on. In the process we broke the right flexi on the y pipe, new one going on tomorrow.

The biggest issue i have is spending time post filming editing the video and uploading.

I still have to go through 9 hours of driving through France, Luxembourg, Germany, Italy, Switzerland and Austria from the middle of last year.

Don't want to disagree with GM but I'd also consider Dog Cam Sport for accessories, their suction mount is extremely sturdy and I've used it to mount the GP externally to the rear and front glass also. Though I would recommend a second teather if you are doing that, for added confidence.

If you find a good external mike and windsock combo, post it up, Getting decent audio is the bit I've struggled with most, so far :(

If you are planning on using it for track, remember they don't allow suction type mounts, so you'll need a headrest mount or a semi permanent adhesive mount for the windscreen.

That's cool Stu. :D

The suction cup mount I had before the GoPro genuine one was an eBay special and you could pull it off the car window without releasing the pressure which is why I recommended the genuine GoPro one as you'd never be able to do that with it.

If you've a good one you've got experience of then no harm in giving Ian another option to consider. ;)

Regarding the suction cup mount at track days this will vary between circuits as Suits on here mentioned to me before. Castle Combe were fine with them externally & internally so I guess that's up to the safety marshals at the circuit you're on. :thumbs:

That's cool Stu. :D

The suction cup mount I had before the GoPro genuine one was an eBay special and you could pull it off the car window without releasing the pressure which is why I recommended the genuine GoPro one as you'd never be able to do that with it.

If you've a good one you've got experience of then no harm in giving Ian another option to consider. ;)

Regarding the suction cup mount at track days this will vary between circuits as Suits on here mentioned to me before. Castle Combe were fine with them externally & internally so I guess that's up to the safety marshals at the circuit you're on. :thumbs:

I thought they were all against the suctions, so that's good to know :thumbs:

I've not tried the genuine GP one, Dan tipped me off on DCS and I've not really looked back since.

I thought they were all against the suctions, so that's good to know :thumbs:

I've not tried the genuine GP one, Dan tipped me off on DCS and I've not really looked back since.

I believe it varies between circuits.

You've probably seen it already but below is my action day from Castle Combe recorded on a GoPro Hero3 mounted to the front windscreen with the genuine GoPro suction cup mount. ;)

:thumbs:

• Like 1