Front BBK

mouthwash

Trying to weigh up my options and find the best prices I can for front BBK. I'm looking at the Wilwood 6 piston BBK with either 13/14" disc or I could be convinced with some of the other brands.

I've heard good things about Wilwood (although a friend gave an example of a bad experience last night) although seeing Andy James's Art brakes at Brighton has made me reconsider along with his review.

Haven't really been able to find any UK prices for Wilwood though, any prices for me traders? Or any BBKs in a similar price / performance category. Feel free to PM me :)

Please no suggestions for Akebono as I have zero interest in them.

According to the US forums akenbos are a bit toilet. Not used them myself though

Yep, I've not read many good things about them.. Especially things about them putting your ABS out and potentially increasing your stopping distance in an emergency.

Most of the front BBK are designed to work with the 350z OEM abs settings and OEM rear brake set up which is far more attractive to me.

Not that I really want this to turn into a discussion but the US forum consensus appears to be for a 350z that if you already have the Brembo set up do not waste your money on Akebono. If you have the JDM set up then anything is better but people normally opt for Akebono as used Brembos are more expensive!

I'm just going on what my research has dug up. :)

Ya I know mate ..... I did quite a bit of reading on it and came to the conclusion that they'd be ok for my use , and also not to believe everything the yanks say . I'm over the moon with them compared to the brembos.

Anyway .....

Have you looked into the gtr front set up? There is a chap on here who runs them ( from Portugal I think ) might be an option ? I've heard willwood are good but are more track focused ( as in not built for everyday / road car use )

Out of interest how much are the art ones ( front / rear calipers, disc , pads) , if you know ?

Big brake kits look great.... But unless you are tracking your car or driving at excessive speed the majority of the time do you actually need than?

Edited by DoogyRev
  • Like 2

Big brake kits look great.... But unless you are tracking your car or driving at excessive speed the majority of the time do you actually need than?

Probably not but I'm a frequent visiter of the 'ring and one thing that let's me down is the brakes. :(

Plus I'd imagine I didn't need 99% of the mods on my car, still done it though :p

Edited by mouthwash

Probably not but I'm a frequent visiter of the 'ring and one thing that let's me down is the brakes. :(

Plus I'd imagine I didn't need 99% of the mods on my car, still done it though :p

Hjixpmt.jpg

• Like 2