The Itchy Pumpkin

Pritchard

I roll into a another new job in a couple of weeks. back on the train to London.

That means the Z is purely for football matches, and evening pleasure rides. Awesome :thumbs: annual mileage - 1,000 :D

What to do.

I love a bit of tune me. I'm sorely tempted to follow my passion and go the N/A route. But i have this big 450hp figure and Vortech spinning around my head like tweety birds. But the 300bhp is already plenty to break traction in a straight line sprint.

I would love to follow Wasso and drop in a V8 ('drop' is used loosely!). But thats beyond me and my budgets.

or do i just leave the engine, and follow the path of started of the show car?

Just tinking out loud really guys. the dilemma of indecision!

Two opposite ends of the spectrum there, a car for show or a car for go.

Obviously you can have both, but is it really worth putting large sums of money into performance if its not really going to be used in anger, I.e the track or driving holidays and then its never going to be a show car as its not going to be in immaculate condition and stanced.

Get a good exhaust note, some MPSS all around if not done already - not worth going nuts for so little use

Its bright nights so - Clean the car...Love the car..Use the car

power is (slightly) overrated:

edit: too stupid to embed the video :lol:

The guy driving the car with the supercharger is really having to work to keep up. A decent set-up of your car and some non essential components out will have a more beneficial change on the car for probably a third of the price of lots of power.

Edited by AliveBoy
  • Like 1

Drop the s from the https :)

Power is nothing without control. Zero point adding bags of power if you can't use what you've already got, IMHO. You could throw £5K at the car to SC it or turbo it or whatever, and then after you're done sell it for half that. Alternatively, you could spend £2.5K on driver training and be quicker, smoother and safer not only with this car, but with every car you'll ever own. Skill for life, yo.

You could do half on the training and then half on some suspension bits & tyres, and then be seriously quick.

• Like 1

power is (slightly) overrated:

edit: too stupid to embed the video :lol:

The guy driving the car with the supercharger is really having to work to keep up. A decent set-up of your car and some non essential components out will have a more beneficial change on the car for probably a third of the price of lots of power.

More power isnt always faster as you say, but, driver ability comes into that video (and others) so much, i have been on track and gone past all sorts of way more powerful vehicles. Ekona speaks the truth, driver ability is the crucial factor, not what your sat in :)

So when can we buy superchargers ? After we have done the brakes , suspension , good tyres and driver training ? Then would you recommend more power?

Don't you have a modified turbo on your mr2 dan ? Surley some better rubber and some driver training would make you faster and smoother ;)

So when can we buy superchargers ? After we have done the brakes , suspension , good tyres and driver training ? Then would you recommend more power?

Don't you have a modified turbo on your mr2 dan ? Surley some better rubber and some driver training would make you faster and smoother ;)

He pretty much an approved driver training instructor :p

If you want a supercharger for having a supercharger/bragging rites/dyno graphs get a supercharger.

If you want to go fast in a straight line, get a supercharger and put the car on a diet.

If you want to go fast round a corner/series of corners, get the above mentioned by dan.

• Like 1

Sorry to hijack a little. But I've heard a lot about "driver training" etc and always wondered about partaking.

Does anyone have any recommendations in the North West (Cumbria, Lancashire, West Yorks way?) I've never been sure what to pop into Google. Mainly after carrying speed round corners, handling a car that's out of control etc, Finland driving test stuff for example!