clicking on rear axles did any1 sort the problem?

shire350Z

does it damage the car id left??

At the moment thats not really a question that anyone can answer. Most people that have had it have had it fixed under warranty or paid for it to be fixed. To me it didn't sound like something that would be causing damage apart from being annoying. Although saying that one of the fixes nissan provided was a regrease and axle rotation. A regrease to me would indicate that it was a lubrication problem which if left would eventually end in tears, but that just my opinion/guess. :)

Mine's in for warranty work at the moment. Well, I've just had the stereo replaced (damn CD skipping :rant: ) and they replaced the clicking axle. But oh, only the driver's side. I didn't even get out of the parking lot before I got them to book it right back in for the other side :boxing: Muppets.

I now no longer have clicking in stereo so it's actually even more annoying. It's in on the 19th though. :thumbs:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Just got myself a 2004 Z and the rear axels are clicking like mad, even when changing from 1st to second.

Talked to Mr. Nissan and they said they had a few in with the problem and to turn and grease them would cost £150! also they would inspect them and they may require new shafts! Bollocks to that, it's not even 4 years old yet and it may require new drive shafts!

Surely Nissan should be subsidising this fix!

Just got myself a 2004 Z and the rear axels are clicking like mad, even when changing from 1st to second.

Talked to Mr. Nissan and they said they had a few in with the problem and to turn and grease them would cost £150! also they would inspect them and they may require new shafts! Bollocks to that, it's not even 4 years old yet and it may require new drive shafts!

Nissan paid for mine, but it was under warranty :thumbs:

Others have been quoted more in the past for just a regrease, so its a fair price in my opinion. However the clicking will come back eventually with the regrease. New driveshafts have been quoted at £800+ previously. I'd take the regrease personally. ;)

Others have been quoted more in the past for just a regrease, so its a fair price in my opinion. However the clicking will come back eventually with the regrease. New driveshafts have been quoted at £800+ previously. I'd take the regrease personally. ;)

i had the regrease................

:)

it cured the problem.........

for about 3 months.......... :dry:

now its as it was :angry:

Well was on another forum and there are people there who said that Mr. N had regreased for £80 as it is sort of a fault with the car, said this to my Mr. N and they said that they inspect them and if it only needed a regrease then they would prob do it for the £80

Am heading down tomorrow to grab some parts of them so might call in and talk to the service manager, to see what he says.

Will let you guys know.