clicking on rear axles did any1 sort the problem?

shire350Z

We have a car coming in in two weeks time with the axle problem so we will nail this one and report back on options.

It will be interesting to see what you find Phil.

Having been through this with my 2004, had the axle regrease, then about a year later paid out for a whole new axle assembly even though this had all been been logged with Nissan, long disappointing story. The technical term is "unusual axial looseness", you'll find this on the 350z-tech.com, there is a technical document associated with this. If it's the same as my Zed had, the supposidly fixed end of the axle, the spline pops in and out, creates rather unsafe handling characteristics. Hope it's not that for your customers sake, axle assemblies are not cheap, even at trade price I paid mine axle assembly. :wacko: (I can't find the docm on 350z-tech at mo, but still have the doc in hard copy if you need it).

New driveshafts have been quoted at £800+ previously.

Hehe, I think you mean "axle assembly" (it is part of the drive train though), ;) driveshaft is the one that goes from front to back. ;)

(sorry wasn't nit picking, just good to have correct terms) ;)