Cats changed EML on.

Zeezeebaba

Well I tried the reset no issues. A brief drive and the light reappears. Also she's running lean and drinking fuel. Time for a visit to my indy for a code read tomorrow. Also I now have a poxy knock from the front when coming to a standstill after reversing. Possibly just a heat shield but damn annoying.

No need to go to a garage, use this to read to code:

http://www.350z-uk.c...p?showtopic=110

As I said above, video the light flashing so you can check / recount in case you're not sure which code it is.

True but if he goes to the garage hopefully he can get the car up on the ramps to investigate that knock while he's at it. Two birds & all that. :thumbs:

Nah time for some HFCs I think. Well in a few weeks. I'm just going to continue driving it until then as the cats already knackered. The irony is the old cat on that side was ok before I changed them over :)

There are some Berks HFC's for sale on here, ....took me a few mins but I found them: http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/96920-for-sale-berk-hfc-stillen-y-pipe/

Definitely worth a PM to see what price he's willing to accept I'd say. :thumbs:

• Like 1

Ive decats and have the ecu code reader. Same sort of messages, 02 sensor below efficiency, too lean etc. Just learned to put up with it till the revup remap. Tried o2 sensor bungs n they did nothing after numerous ecu resets.

Edited by Jay M1988

Ive decats and have the ecu code reader. Same sort of messages, 02 sensor below efficiency, too lean etc. Just learned to put up with it till the revup remap. Tried o2 sensor bungs n they did nothing after numerous ecu resets.

Remember though Jay to periodically check the ECU codes as if you're driving around with the EML on constantly it could mask any other problems that might pop up otherwise.

UpRev remap will sort it though you are right. :thumbs:

Since clearing the codes the check light had not reappeared. I wasn't convinced the cat was faulty as it was off a 30k mile car and very tidy. The light came on after a long drive initially so I'm thinking it's possibly heat expansion on the gasket causing an air leak. Since then I have only done short journeys and no light as yet.