Tanabe Medallion Concept G Exhaust - Initial Thoughts

Greg Warnes

What was fitted:

Cobra High Flow Cats

Tanabe Y Pipe

Tanabe Medallion Concept G Exhaust

Fitment:

No issues, fitted straight from the box with supplied gaskets and bolts.

The noise:

@idle; sounds amazing with a very deep rumble, the neighbour was very surprised with the sound thinking i had an engine significantly larger than 3.5L.

@30/40 MPH not much louder than at Idle.

@70 MPH starts to get loud around 65 although once cruising at the speed limit it’s not droning or becoming a nuisance.

@High engine load (overtaking on Motorway or climbing a large hill) it’s does get very loud and you quickly want to get back to a cruising speed, Some vibration/resonance heard/felt, so i will get the exhaust hanger rubbers replaced as they are 11 years old and see if that improves.

The system although new passed the MOT emissions testing yesterday, although i have had the EML come on since for one of the CATs! this will be sorted by Abbey Motorsport soon via Uprev.

Thoughts, after only 120 Miles of mixed driving it’s too early to say if i am 100% happy with the new soundtrack, hopefully once new hanger rubbers are installed and a possible boot floor sound deadening exercise have been completed noise levels may be a little better under load.

Credits:

Cobra HFC supplied by Cougar Store :thumbs:

Tanabe Exhaust supplied by Torqen :thumbs:

19745c1b45ca550993e0ab32c67c7686.jpg

Edited by Greg Warnes
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...