Help needed - Replacing rear windscreen wiper water pump

veeg33

I'll be removing my front bumper this weekend to fit my DRL, change my DR2 to 6k and indicators with Silvertec. So since I'm doing all this, thought I change the rear water pump (suspect is faulty water pump as it doesn't make any noise when I activate the rear washer)

Been searching around the forum and still not sure if I have a definite answer.

1.) it seems that both front and rear wiper water pump are side by side just behind the front bumper - Correct? Or this is only true on JDM? If not, where is the rear water pump for a UK 2004 GT model?

2.) Both water pump are same except they both have different connector? I wanted to buy a new one but can't find any rear water pump. Only found front water pump at Halfords, GSF and Eurocarparts. Anyone brought them before and where from?

Many thanks in advance B)

Just did the front one a few weeks back, they are both together. I was the same could only find one pump but luckily was my front one that had went. Have you tried zman and Clarke motorsports?

Doddle to change I never even took the bumper off. There labeled ff and fr or something like that when you get a cess to them.

• Like 1

Good call on Zmanalex and Clark Motorsport. Will PM them to find out more.

If I don't get the pump by this weekend, at least I know where they are located. Seems easy to replace as you mention scobie140.

I also just rang few local supplier here to check - GSF don't stock any, EuroCarParts only stock 1 part number and he's not sure if they are for front or rear.

I went for the euro car parts one as I needed it quick and could just walk in and pick it up. and can confirm it fits the front. Possibly one from an other model of Nissan will be the same part number for the rear if you can find a part number anywhere?

I went for the euro car parts one as I needed it quick and could just walk in and pick it up. and can confirm it fits the front. Possibly one from an other model of Nissan will be the same part number for the rear if you can find a part number anywhere?

Just spoken to Rich at Clark (very helpful) , they only stock original Nissan Rear wiper water pump and they are a little pricy for me, £50 ish delivered. They have 2nd hand ones for around £15 plus shipping. Been told that these pumps have a short life span so I guess it's not really worth buying 2nd hand. I've been driving around without a working rear water pump since my ownership from last July, guess I'll just save the money for other Zeditus needs B)

Thanks scobie140!

Just spoken to Rich at Clark (very helpful) , they only stock original Nissan Rear wiper water pump and they are a little pricy for me, £50 ish delivered. They have 2nd hand ones for around £15 plus shipping. Been told that these pumps have a short life span so I guess it's not really worth buying 2nd hand. I've been driving around without a working rear water pump since my ownership from last July, guess I'll just save the money for other Zeditus needs B)

Thanks scobie140!

I bought a secondhand rear washer pump from either Clark Motorsport or zmanalex (can't remember which) around 6 months ago & it's still working fine. So I wouldn't knock a secondhand one if you do decide you want to get it fixed.

After all my original one lasted 11 years and who knows how many times it got used over that time (thousands I'd guess) so my secondhand one could outlast the car for all I know. ;)

• Like 1

Thanks scobie140!

I bought a secondhand rear washer pump from either Clark Motorsport or zmanalex (can't remember which) around 6 months ago & it's still working fine. So I wouldn't knock a secondhand one if you do decide you want to get it fixed.

After all my original one lasted 11 years and who knows how many times it got used over that time (thousands I'd guess) so my secondhand one could outlast the car for all I know. ;)

Thanks Gareth, might go for a 2nd hand one then. I'll continue to check few local part suppliers here and see if I can get any other aftermarket pump. But aftermarket pumps might not be good?

Just delete the rear wiper. No need to replace washer pump and makes the rear look loads better!

It looks better, I must admit but I like my rear wiper B) and managed to find an aftermarket rear pump :thumbs: for £24 and took 5mins to replace. It was by BluePrint part number ADN10316 if anyone wants it.

• Like 1

I need to do mine, both front and back dont work!

Halfords and EuroCarParts stock the front pump (£12ish and £8ish respectively) and the Blue Print rear pump is available on Amazon at around £26 delivered.

Fairly easy to replace. Just undo 2 x M10 bolt under the driver's side wheel liner, then you can bend the wheel liner to get to the pump. Press the release tab on the connector to remove then you'll just need to pull the pump out as they are not secure with any bolt. B)

• Like 1