The BLOODHOUND Project

Keyser

Just looking at the facts and figures, the max deployment speeds for the friction, parachute and air brakes are <250, ~685 and 800mph respectively... so what slows them down from 1050 to 800mph? Is there so much resistance at that speed it will slow down quickly anyway without an actual brake? It's pretty scary that if anything goes wrong in that 250mph range then your only option to slow down is to lift off!

http://www.bloodhoundssc.com/project/facts-and-figures/vehicle-technical-specification/vehicle-performance

I did something similar for the Thrust project when Richard Noble broke the record - that was a microfilm being carried in his pocket - was at the Motor Show at the NEC in the early 80's from memory cost £1 !!

Just looking at the facts and figures, the max deployment speeds for the friction, parachute and air brakes are <250, ~685 and 800mph respectively... so what slows them down from 1050 to 800mph? Is there so much resistance at that speed it will slow down quickly anyway without an actual brake? It's pretty scary that if anything goes wrong in that 250mph range then your only option to slow down is to lift off!

http://www.bloodhoundssc.com/project/facts-and-figures/vehicle-technical-specification/vehicle-performance

take a look at the video on u tube awesome explains it all there

well, it takes a billionty pounds of thrust to get up to 1050mph in the first place, so when that thrust is switched off, its going to slow down pretty dramatically. also, the difference in speed between 1050 and 800mph is insignificant really... I suppose an 800mph crash might stop in 3 miles, wheras a 1050mph crash might need 4, but you're pretty fubared either way!

seriously, watch the video... the simulation run that Andy does with the stunt plane is frankly redonkulouso, accelerating at 2.5G up to top speed, then decelerating again at 3G down to rest again. :surrender:

Well that could be any Chris & Kim for all we know. :dry::surrender::lol:

Pretty cool though. ;)

Except our surname is on it - I removed it before posting the "copy" on the web - if you go and read the list it is on there though :lol:

• Like 1

Well that could be any Chris & Kim for all we know. :dry::surrender::lol:

Pretty cool though. ;)

Except our surname is on it - I removed it before posting the "copy" on the web - if you go and read the list it is on there though :lol:

I believe you Chris honestly. :lol:

I was joking ~ can see the white blob where you hid your surname. :D;)

• Like 1

Well can you do

[JOKE]

Then say the joke

Then

[/JOKE]

in future so I don't feel I have to defend my integrity :lol:

:lol: Pmsl. Will do. ;)

If you read the exchange between me & coldel (below) afterwards it might appear more evident as a joke. :shrug: Guess I was too subtle. :teeth:

Hasnt he rubbed out the surname though with some very high tech photoshop skills?

Possibly, ...it's so hard to tell with those high tech Photoshop skills. :lol::D

• Like 1

O I saw that (after I immediately replied to defend myself) however I was fully aware you were joking. I was though, worried that someone else may not see it as a joke and therefore if they mistakenly thought you were a better person than me or maybe they assumed I was prone to telling the odd tall story they may think less of me - ergo I had to defend my position.

You see what you are missing is that just because we all know each other on here, this is a public forum and strangers may read this thread and not understand the banter, they could then jump to the conclusion that I am not in fact the upstanding pillar of society we all I know I am and think I was some dodgy bloke that tells tall stories.

Any way I have to go now as I just had a call from Andy Green and he would like to go over best options for the deceleration procedure with me again, I'm sure he want's me to do the run really, if I wasn't so busy consulting on the new Red Bull F1 car I'd have the time to do it as well!

EDIT: Put these somewhere above - [joke] [/joke]

:lol:

;)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...