Anyone got a Sonos system running with iTunes?

Kraziekatz1

Just bought a Sonos play:5 for the living room and a play:1 for the kitchen. Connected all up to the Sonos app on the iPad. Must admit, pretty impressed so far. Only one problem, seem to have a couple of tracks that are DRM (pre 2009 copyright protected by iTunes). They won't play on non-apple devices. I've read you can get around this by subscribing to iMatch, but anyone know any other way? Or is iMatch worth the £22?

Yeah, just checked....it is only affecting music I downloaded before the copyright was removed. So, presumably I need to do some sort of conversion? Only affects about 20 tracks.

Ekona, do you have iMatch? Is it worth it? I guess it saves on storage space?

Yeah, just checked....it is only affecting music I downloaded before the copyright was removed. So, presumably I need to do some sort of conversion? Only affects about 20 tracks.

Ekona, do you have iMatch? Is it worth it? I guess it saves on storage space?

I don't have iMatch, no, which makes it even more odd. The tracks you downloaded, you got them from iTunes? Are they in 256?

Tbh, if it's only 20 tracks and they're relatively common ones, I'd either suck it up and buy them again on iTunes or just yarr them from your favourite torrent site.

• Like 2

I tried Tidal back in January, before they were bought out. Yes, you could tell the difference in quality, but the library was so limited it was pointless. They even advertised stuff that they didn't have any rights to, just to make it look better.