370z base model

josh2005

Hi everyone! Previous 350z owner and long time lurker!!

I'm looking at getting a 370z, I've seen a few I like but I didn't know if there's any major disadvantage of the base model over the gt?

My old 350z didn't have the Sat nav and I'm not a leather seat fan either! I like the look of the bigger 19inch wheels but surely the 18s don't compromise the handling at all and lowering by 20mm would fill the arches with 18s?

If anyone could shed some light on this it'd be appreciated as I can't see any major problem with the base model?

My thoughts:-

Standard.

- No syncro rev

- No USB for connecting your phone or playing stored music on your phone (excellent IMO on the GT).

GT

- go for the 2010 with the hi-res nav as this comes with USB.

- Dead easy to fit a reversing camera with the nav if not already fitted (essential).

- Half leather seats this time around so no issues for you there. Heated as well.

- And the 19's are glorious!

- Oh, and the bluetooth is excellent as I found out on the M40 talking to my Mrs the other day, she could hear me properly.

- Syncro rev is lovely when around town but takes some getting used to if you ever coast your gears then look out.

• Like 2

I'm a recent 370z owner. Standard issue 2011 manual gt.

here's my 2c.

I've just started playing around with the syncro rev. and the more I get used to the car the more I'm really surprisingly impressed with it. Really glad I have it, probably will be a 'must-have' feature for me now.

Initial feeling is you can switch it off if you want some engine braking or want to drop it back to help kick it sideways but it's really neat at any other time.

I've got an Ecutek lined up which apparently improves the sluggish standard responsiveness which will even more improve that area.

Standard seats a nice and have the luxury features if you like that however I'm keeping an eye out for some of the new Nismo Recaros as the fit could be improved.

I like the standard issue 19 rays but if I had got the 18's it gives the opportunity to change em for some 20's or some other cool non standard wheels. -win-win situation.

Thanks for all of the replies, the only thing I hadn't considered really was the syncrorev feature, I guess something like that couldn't be retrofitted?

Wheels and Sound System/Sat Nav doesn't fuss me too much as i'd look to change them at some point anyway.

Brakes are the same

Standard 370 spec list:

370 Z STANDARD FEATURES

Aggressive performance, sleek styling and unmatched

exhilaration are the only standards set by the 370 Z. You

want more? Decide the level of comfort, convenience and

visual impact yourself to take the best to the next level.

POWER TRAIN/MECHANICAL

• 3.7 V6 VVEL petrol engine

• 6 Speed manual transmission

• Ventilated discs with opposed and cast aluminium caliper

(4 pistons for front and 2 pistons for rear)

• Front wheel independent double wishbone suspension

• Rear multi link suspension

• Front and rear anti-roll bars

• Electric power speed sensitive steering wheel

BODY/EXTERIOR

• 225/50 R18 front tyres

• 245/45 R18 rear tyres

• 18" cast alloy wheels front and rear

• Dual exhaust pipe stainless steel nishers

• Bi xenon head lamps (projector type) with head lamp

washer and auto leveler

• LED rear lamps and high mounted stop lamp

• Flashing Z emblem integrated into side indicator

• Glass mounted antenna

• Front spoiler

• Rear spoiler

• Flat blade wiper

• UV reducing green glass

----------------------------------------------------------

GT Spec:

POWER TRAIN/MECHANICAL

• Synchro rev control

INTERIOR

• S uede door trim

• B lack Lea ther/S uede sea ts

• S eat back pockets

• Heated sea ts

• Driver lumbar support

AUDIO SYSTEM

• B ose audio sound sys tem with 8 speake rs (6 speake rs + 2 woofers)

• 6 CD changer

COMFORT AND CONVENIENCE

• Cruise Control and speed limiter with switches on s teering wheel

• Gea r position indicator

EXTERIOR

• 19" RAY S forged alloy wheels

• 245 / 45 R19 (front)

• 275/35 R19 (rear)

SAFETY AND SECURITY

• Tyre repair kit

OPTIONS

• Scr atch shield metallic or pearl paint

• Integrated sa tellite navigation system

• 7 speed au tomatic transmission with magnesium paddle shift

Thanks for all of the replies, the only thing I hadn't considered really was the syncrorev feature, I guess something like that couldn't be retrofitted?

Wheels and Sound System/Sat Nav doesn't fuss me too much as i'd look to change them at some point anyway.

You can't be looking at that much less for a base surly

get the gt and all the kit that goes with it I made that mistake with my ctr and always regretted it

You can't be looking at that much less for a base surly

get the gt and all the kit that goes with it I made that mistake with my ctr and always regretted it

It's about £3000 difference i'd imagine which to me would be the new set of wheels, suspension and a nicer exhaust! I live on the IoW where 19s would be pointless because of potholes etc (I went through so many tyres in my old 350z) so I don't want any bigger than 18s!