Newby with a question

lee007

After a few weeks of 'lurking' i finally sold my M3 and bought a Zed last saturday! its a JDM gunmetal grey - it was only the second one i looked at (i know i should've looked at a few more) but i fell in love with it and got it for a good price! My question is does anyone know what sort of alarm/immobiliser comes with a Jap car - after receiving my insurance documents they have asked for a copy of a thatcham 1 certificate and/or proof it has one. Does anyone know if you can tell if it has an immobiliser or deadlocks? thanks in advance.

After a few weeks of 'lurking' i finally sold my M3 and bought a Zed last saturday! its a JDM gunmetal grey - it was only the second one i looked at (i know i should've looked at a few more) but i fell in love with it and got it for a good price! My question is does anyone know what sort of alarm/immobiliser comes with a Jap car - after receiving my insurance documents they have asked for a copy of a thatcham 1 certificate and/or proof it has one. Does anyone know if you can tell if it has an immobiliser or deadlocks? thanks in advance.

Lee, welcome matey, i also sold my M3 and ended up with a Zed, enjoy :teeth:

SATS

When I had my car imported I was told that a Cat 1 alarm would have to be fitted and this was factored into the price. The importer arranged it as part of the process and I got a certificate which I had to send to the insurer. Maybe there should be a certificate somewhere for your car already? I'm not sure what kind of standard alarm is fitted on the JDM version so it may be something you'll have to get done unless there's already something there but it's just the certificate that you haven't got.

When I had my car imported I was told that a Cat 1 alarm would have to be fitted and this was factored into the price. The importer arranged it as part of the process and I got a certificate which I had to send to the insurer. Maybe there should be a certificate somewhere for your car already? I'm not sure what kind of standard alarm is fitted on the JDM version so it may be something you'll have to get done unless there's already something there but it's just the certificate that you haven't got.

My experience was similar, but I have not been asked for the certificate by the insurers (Admiral).