*Video* Mouthwash - Motordyne Tunnel Run

Grundy

Sounds pretty good and liked seeing the little flames . B)

Although, ...the description states 500Bhp?! :dry:

A little poetic licence there or has Ian had a remap to gain some more horses we don't know about. :shrug:

LIES I TELL YOU LIESS :lol:

• Like 1

A little poetic licence there or has Ian had a remap to gain some more horses we don't know about. :shrug:

It's about 480/490 at the fly (430 at the wheels) taking into account the 15% loss number that everyone chucks about. I think Grundy is just being generous :p

It's about 480/490 at the fly (430 at the wheels) taking into account the 15% loss number that everyone chucks about. I think Grundy is just being generous :p

Very generous. :dry: That's "pub" figures. :lol::D

do you loose percentage or hp

as ive been told the 350z with OEM drive line loses about 30-40bhp regardless of if its 300 or 500 horsepowers

I thought it was like 30Bhp loss tbh ~ so a Zed with 450Bhp@fly would be 420Bhp@hub. 500Bhp@fly would be 470Bhp@hub. :shrug::)

as ive been told the 350z with OEM drive line loses about 30-40bhp regardless of if its 300 or 500 horsepowers

I thought it was like 30Bhp loss tbh ~ so a Zed with 450Bhp@fly would be 420Bhp@hub. 500Bhp@fly would be 470Bhp@hub. :shrug::)

Doesn't appear to be the case on my350, I've never seen anyone throw a set figure about. Drivetrain losses are usually a percentage? :shrug:

Edited by mouthwash

Doesn't appear to be the case on my350, I've never seen anyone throw a set figure about. Drivetrain losses are usually a percentage? :shrug:

I'm curious from an engineer point of view if it takes 10hp to turn a system it takes 10hp to turn it if the input motor is 100hp or 15hp it still takes 10hp of effort to turn it

I dunno I'm just curious

Sounds cool! I need a tunnel near me.

Wheel HP to fly will be about 15%.

Hub HP to fly is about 10% ish I believe.

At Abbey Mark normally says 30-40hp.

I assume a stock 350 circa 300bhp ~ hub +30

FI circa 400bhp ~ hub +40

Edited by Sam Mcgoo