Climate control issue

Grundy

Not seen this come up in the past, had a google and couldn't find what I was looking for.

Last week I noticed my heater only worked when the dial was set to max. As soon as you dropped it down one notch, it would start blowing out cold (not freezing cold, but it was as if the dial was set below 20*)

So basically I only get hot air when it's on full :lol:

IS this a sensor that's knackered or a different issue?

Cheers

When it's on full heat, it burns my hand - I.e. very annoying when driving as I'm either too hot withing 30 seconds, or too cold :lol:

I wondered if it was trapped air in the rad, and it needed bleeding, but then I thought, if that was the case, I wouldn't get any hot air?

mine used to burn the hell out of me when i was moving and went stone cold when stationary :lol:

See it was a little like this just after we had put the new engine in, and had to bleed it etc.

The harder your drove, the hotter it got.

Then it fixed it self over time and would adjust the heat according to the dial.

Just now it's either, on max you get hot but on any other notch, it's cold :lol:

Can't hurt to give it another bleed.

The only other thing is, Mouthwash came to me last night with the exact same problem :lol:

Is it possible for rads that haven't been unplugged/changed etc to need a bleed? As his hasn't been tampered with in the past year.

Has it been like that since the engine swap or something that started some time later?

Started about a week ago.

Been working fine for 2000 miles.

In which case I would be tempted to drain the whole system and refill, without antifreeze as a trial, to see if that clears any blockages/airlocks.

• Like 1