Screech after fitting Red Stuff Pads - Solutions?

N4eay

Hi Guys,

I have upgrade all the pads to Red Stuff, since then the rear left hand brake produces a very annoying & embarrassing screech under light braking. I took the car back to Horsham Dev and they kindly took the rear pads out, refaced and re-greased, but still no joy. They suggested replacing the pads for a softer compound or replacing the disks. The disks have only done 34k.

Any suggestions welcome?

Have been looking a PAGID disks as they are reasonably priced, anyone used these?

Cheers

Quick search on here points to shims if you've already had the pads out and greased up

Did you have shims on your previous brake pads?

Were they refitted with the red stuff ones?

Not sure if you need new discs but a mate recently fitted Pagid discs, they're pretty much just an oem equivalent replacement :)

Edited by blaqkaudio

Go bed them in again.

50-30 light pressure x5

70-30 med pressure x5

100-40 as hard as you can before ABS x5

...leaving a nice cool down gap between them where you don't touch the brakes for a couple of miles.

• Like 1

I'm not sure the EBC website says the have a ceramic blend to fight off squeal, no mention of shims. It's annoying as it's only one side. Might just buy some £12 shims from Clark Motorsport before replacing the disks.

Get better pads😜.

Seriously do the bedding in a prescribed and if it's still squealing get shims or try grease or both. Also make sure the pads are moving freely within the calliper and not sticking. You can have a build up of pad dust, corrosion within the calliper that tends to prevent free movement of the pads.