What to do next ?

galgazza

Hi Jimboy2, what do you mean 'go cat back' ?

Change the exhaust from the catalytic converters back to the rear of the car. ( cat back)

Here's a picture of the 350Z exhaust set up to make it easier to see. ;)

3714160.gif

Basically replace part numbers 4, 6 & 8 with an aftermarket exhaust system. :thumbs:

• Like 1

Had my 1st Z for just four weeks now and already a few jobs completed:

New discs / pads and belts fitted.

Booked in Monday for Hood repair at Kaiser Motors in Rochester.

Off course new Stubby fitted (thanks Tarmac)

Private Plate ordered.

So what to do next ?

Wheels, body kit, ICE ???

Sorry to hijack the thread ........BUT.....(which always comes after an intro like that)

Any problems getting the discs off? I've heard they can be a pig. Doing mine as soon as there's a dry spell

• Like 1

If you wanna hear a cobra exhaust, feel free to pop round and have a listen.

Steve, when are you going to buy a proper exhaust? :lol:

Can't afford a proper exhaust. I keep spending money on other mods to trial on your car :lol:

• Like 1

No issues getting the discs off Dicky, just done mine. I've never done anything mechanical before and its a piece of **** to do. The old ones will need a good whack once you've moved the callipers out of the way. Once loose, they slide straight off.

• Like 1

Looks like new exhaust system first. I have four options so any advice or experience would be welcome.

The three cost options are (at a rising cost):

Scorpian / Cobra

Millteck

Invidia Gemini

Milltek for me was the best looking and I love the tone of it, very similar to the Nismo exhaust. Fitment is one of the best too, worth the price in my opinion just pure quality. Doesn't drone either, love it!

50396967.jpg

81169232.jpg

Quite a lot actually. It's the biggest you can fit into a Zed and as you sit very close to it it's 'big' :)

Would you call a Galaxy Note screen small? That's only 5.7" but as you have it in your hands, well you get the point.

The quality of the sound system obviously complements it.

35012.jpg

Edited by Exotic
  • Like 1

Watched plenty of films on it, but you don't have to watch a full film just the same way you don't have to listen to a full album when you get in your car. It's wired so the screen functions on the move, also the Freeview box is useful for watching or just listening to whatever you fancy, Sky News, the footie, eastenders etc. Passengers certainly love it. Also you get digital radio on freeview in higher bit rates than Dab so that's nice too. You could certainly hook up a console probably if you desired, I was thinking of integrating a rear view camera maybe next.

Cool. Noticed that Amy has a rear view camera on her car. Tech is great when it works.

The Z is more for driving for me. I hate having passengers cause I'm a selfish being, the car drives so much better and feels more balanced with no passenger, that is probably in my head though. I doubt the car is designed to function perfectly with just a driver :)

The best mods for me personally, have to be the ones that make the car function. The only cosmetic change i was looking at was a new rear bumper (which I'm starting to think is not going to happen) And I'm going to focus on the mechanicals now that i know how easy it is to make those changes after my recent experience.

Do you have a build thread for your mods?

• Like 1

No issues getting the discs off Dicky, just done mine. I've never done anything mechanical before and its a piece of **** to do. The old ones will need a good whack once you've moved the callipers out of the way. Once loose, they slide straight off.

Many thanks young man for the help :)