What should I expect?

declantg

Hi all, sorry if this is in the wrong area!

As it stands I have a Berks intake, hks panel filter, cobra non resonated system on my 2006 Rev up.

Monday I'm having a JWT flywheel and stage 1 exedy clutch fitted, along with my Berks test pipes.

I've read varying reviews but what should I realistically expect performance wise?

I'm not talking BHP I mean general performance!

Also unrelated but I'm in the Lake District next weekend if anyone fancies a cruise!

So no Uprev remap? Then you'll be making exactly what it came out of the factory with, albeit with a nicer noise. ;)

Not sure what you mean by general performance, but the flywheel will make a fair bit of difference to the drive as you'll be able to rev quicker. Although Cobra non-res + test pipes is going to sound *ahem* 'interesting'. It'll be very loud, and I suspect it won't be a nice loud either. Get an Uprev done, some decent brakes & tyres along with a good geo and you'll have a proper weapon :thumbs:

Sorry I should make it clear mine is the 2006 GT uprev :)

I do have other mods, just didn't include them!

I have the tein springs, rear camber arms and toe bolts, braided brake and clutch lines, got awesome tyres (PS3s), tinted windows, fly eye wrapped rear lights and loads of non performance stuff :)

The noise is fine, I'm only 21 so not overly fussed, plus I work in a very loud environment so my ears are wrecked anyhow.

By General performance I just mean difference in acceleration, noise, general feel!

When I get it fitted I shall strap my gopro to it and get a vid for you guys, here's a link to an older video of mine (no idea how to link sorry)

What Ekona means/said is "Uprev" this is the software most commonly used to remap 350 and 370Z's. The ECU in the 350 is adaptable, meaning that even if you change breathing mods, i.e. exhaust, air filter, the ECU will adapt the airflow to match the limits set at the factory, you'll need a remap (Uprev) to change this and benefit from your mods :)

p.s. 06+ cars are "Rev Up", confusing I know :)

• Like 1

got awesome tyres (PS3s)

You got suckered in by Michelin there I'm afraid, as the PS3s are significantly worse than the PS2 or the PSS. Bin them for either of the above, it'll make more difference to the speed of your car than 20bhp will.

I like a nice loud car too, just not one that's raspy and droney. You may find your combination leads to that unfortunately, or you may get lucky. Vids of afterwards would be great :)

Sorry I should make it clear mine is the 2006 GT uprev :)

I do have other mods, just didn't include them!

I have the tein springs, rear camber arms and toe bolts, braided brake and clutch lines, got awesome tyres (PS3s), tinted windows, fly eye wrapped rear lights and loads of non performance stuff :)

The noise is fine, I'm only 21 so not overly fussed, plus I work in a very loud environment so my ears are wrecked anyhow.

By General performance I just mean difference in acceleration, noise, general feel!

When I get it fitted I shall strap my gopro to it and get a vid for you guys, here's a link to an older video of mine (no idea how to link sorry)

Very nice sounding car.

Your list of mods is impressive, Like they said you will need the remap to see any difference at all.

Previous cars I've had adjustments made a little difference but a remap made the biggest,

With the 350Z its zero difference until remap time.

Heads up from a fellow young Z owner, my insirance did not rise with flux for any of my performance mods as the % that it gained over te standard 313 was not justifable very good company, so uprev away if I was you!

Oh, aint you the one that posted on Instagram that you had a "Porsche Killer" with 340bhp?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Please let this be false !!!

If its true .......

Instant ban !

declang_zpsuxdb4hdz.jpg

He has since removed the "Porsche Killer" pic after banning members off here that have commented on his pic :lol:

No harm, no foul ;)

Edited by BulletMagnet
  • Like 1