Window won't drop

guBBy

Hi guys had the zed out today and noticed when I put the window all the way down it made a strange noise right when the window reached the fully down position. I put the window ally e way back up and thought nothing more of it until I parked up got out and shut the door and heard a noise that sounded like the seatbelt had been shut in the door.

However when trying to close the door again I noticed the window will not drop when I open the door or close and will not go up or down with the button. I am a bit frightened to even open the door as I don't want to do any damage to the window/metal when I close the door.

Is there a guide i can follow to take the door apart or is there anything I am missing?when I use the switch I can hear it clicking but hear nothing from the door mechanism!

Put a bit of a dampner on the day 😩

Thanks

I've never had to do this but in case you want to try it to see if this fixes your problem here's the "window reset" guide: http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/158-how-to-window-reset-procedure/

Also a guide here so you know how to take off the door card: http://liljerk.morpheus.net/350Z/front_speakers/

Hope that helps and if it doesn't maybe bump this thread tomorrow/next week to see if anyone else has any ideas. :thumbs:

If you do open the door, check the door close rubber nipple, mine got unseated and it couldn't tell the door was open. It's dead easy to see once you open the door and eyeball the door catch area (on the body not on the door!). When you push it in and out with the door open the window should pop up and down like when you're closing/opening it.

I had the whole door to pieces at least once before I checked this :doh:

Thanks GM and stu I will try this hen I get home from work tonight and maybe get a result. My window won't go up or down with the switch on the door though either could the rubber nipple be causing that to not work as well?

This would be a simple fix and cheer me right up. I will let you know how I get on tonight ðŸ‘

Thanks again

Absolutely stu worth a check but knowing my luck it will be something more complicated 😳

I am just worried about closing the door more than anything as the window is jammed fully up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i'l be honest, my zed's window doesn't work and has been jammed fully up for some time. once in a blue moon it will drop a cm when I open the door, but most times it doesn't budge. however, never bothered me, my door still opens and closes just fine, I've been without a working driver side window for 3 years now.

Cheers keyser, sounds promising! Where is the fuse box in the car ( I'm not the most mechanically minded ) ? Does the manual confirm which fuse is which? Thanks again to everyone for helping also here is some photos of my zed finally!!!! e9465cde7da24bdaac52427b33742201.jpgd5f9877fa1c5fbf447cce9176ad4aba7.jpg

Brillomaster I would probably put up with it the same as you have but the noise it made when I closed wasn't pleasant! Although hopefully it will come back to life like yours sometimes does. It opens no problem just a problem when closing. Will update tonight though when I get home if I can get a chance to go out to it ðŸ‘

Went out to the car today after work and the window is working no problems! Will probably avoid putting it the whole way down now just incase!

Thanks very much for everyone's help and hopefully it will keep on working ðŸ‘

Glad it is sorted - just a thought it may be the door sensor if it is intermittent, the one just below the door catch on the car - bit of black rubber - if that gets dirty, wet or corroded it won't ground cleanly so the window motors do not get the signal to know the door is open. May be worth a look if the problem returns :)

Hope it all stays fine though :thumbs:

• Like 1

Ahhh when out today with the car it happened again so took a look at the black rubber sensor. When I press it down to pretendthe door is closed I can hear a clicking noise as if it is trying to work but nothing happens on the window. Also I can't put the window up or down with the switch when this happens. If it was the motors wouldn't it of just packed up or could the motor work intermittently? Thanks.

• 1 month later...

Sorry to bump this but this window is starting to do my head in!

The window works a treat for an extended period of time then all of a sudden it just doesn't drop. There is nothing I'm doing differently to cause this.

I'm loathed to strip the whole door apart as the window works perfect the rest of the time until it just decides it's had enough for the day lol

Leave the car parked up, usually over night and the window has went back to working fine!

Any ideas of where to go next would be appreciated.

Cheers.

I had a similar problem in mine bud, my auto electrician found in the small fuse box by the accelerator pedal there is a black cable with a red end and it was loose and worn so sometimes it wasnt recognising when the door was open., he stripped the cable, re-soldered the wire back and now it works perfectly no problems since

I had a similar problem in mine bud, my auto electrician found in the small fuse box by the accelerator pedal there is a black cable with a red end and it was loose and worn so sometimes it wasnt recognising when the door was open., he stripped the cable, re-soldered the wire back and now it works perfectly no problems since

Hi Jimmy I will give this a look tonight if I get a chance. I grimace when I close the door and the window hasn't dropped 😩 after opening and closing the door a few times the other day it sprung into life again so definitely seems like some kind of electrical connection problem. Do I need to disconnect the battery before looking at the fuses? Bit of a noob electricity wise! Cheers.

When my passenger motor started to go I would find whenever The passenger door had been used the window would drop down sometimes a good while after I had left the car and would drop as low as halfway, which is really annoying when it's raining!