Instrument Cluster Buttons

guBBy

Hi guys, quick question around the two buttons on the right hand side of the speedo. Neither of them seem to change my trips between "A" or "B" or generally do anything when I press them.

Is this a common fault? The buttons on the left work fine and cycle through all the dte, speed etc.

Any help would be appreciated. It is currently stuck on trip "B" and has been sice I bought the car.

Thanks in advance.

Im trying to remember now..... I think the 2 on the right are dimmer buttons, one up arrow and one down. When the instrument clusters are illuminated you can turn the brightness of all the dials/buttons up or down.

• Like 2

Im trying to remember now..... I think the 2 on the right are dimmer buttons, one up arrow and one down. When the instrument clusters are illuminated you can turn the brightness of all the dials/buttons up or down.

Exactly that.

Press the black button thing near there speedo and that will change between A and B. Hold it down and it will reset either A or B depending on which is currently displayed.

• Like 1

Thanks guys for explaining what a **** I have been lol

Clearly I thoughtIi wouldn't have to read the manual as I am a man and I know everything haha

Another quick one I found what looks like an adapter plug ( slightly thicker than a headphone socket ) in my main dash cubby. It is proper wired in but have no idea what it is wired into? Any thoughts?

Again thanks in advance :)

Thanks guys for explaining what a **** I have been lol

Clearly I thoughtIi wouldn't have to read the manual as I am a man and I know everything haha

Another quick one I found what looks like an adapter plug ( slightly thicker than a headphone socket ) in my main dash cubby. It is proper wired in but have no idea what it is wired into? Any thoughts?

Again thanks in advance :)

Part of the old bluetooth phone connection part I'd bet.

IMG_0027.jpg

Removed mine as it was useless and taking up space so maybe that's what the previous owner has done to your Zed just leaving the plug. :thumbs:

• Like 1

Hi GM

Thanks for your help

This wire I am asking about is coming through into the big cubby above the stereo so it isn't my BT adapter.

I will also make sure and have a read of the manual this weekend to avoid unnecessary questions ðŸ‘

Ah I see my mistake. :blush:

Is it the standard Bose head unit or has it been upgraded? It could be some sort of AUX input maybe. :shrug:

Could be Bose Hack? . . but specific to a device

If you can take photos and post them up :thumbs:

I will try take a photo today after work dodgyrev. I am struggling with this photo bucket lark as I really want to put a photo of my z up also. I have a photo bucket account but I do it through the app as I never use my laptop. Would copying the direct link form the app and pasting it do the job?

Thanks

I will try take a photo today after work dodgyrev. I am struggling with this photo bucket lark as I really want to put a photo of my z up also. I have a photo bucket account but I do it through the app as I never use my laptop. Would copying the direct link form the app and pasting it do the job?

Thanks

I always use a lap top for the forum so not sure if that makes a difference but I always copy/paste the "direct link" from Photobucket for putting pictures on here. Works fine for me. :thumbs:

There is a guide here if it helps: http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/53047-how-to-post-pictures-via-photobucket/

:)

Thanks

If you never use your laptop and browse on phone/iPad then download Tapatalk app. Can upload photos straight from your phone library.