Florida Hire Car

JoshC

I'm in Orlando area for 3 weeks in May and looking to book a hire car. I'd love to book a classic American car for the entire period I'm there rather than the boing standard for focus etc but only found a few websites and the cost doesn't seem viable unless anyone has had more luck than me in the past here?

If I can't I'm looking to book a convertible Mustang instead but being under 25 I'm finding it difficult to find a decent price and confirmation online that it includes the under 25 surcharge.

Anyone been in my position and can reccomend a particular company to use? Any tips?

Cheers :)

I wouldn't bother, I really wouldn't. Save your cash for spending when out there, there is zero reason to have a fun car for that kind of holiday. And that's coming from someone who has use of a Camero when I go out there, and I'd still rather have something a bit more practical to shove suitcases etc into.

Sorry, I know that doesn't answer your question, but instead of £500 on a Mustang you'd be much better off with a £100 Focus.

I wouldn't bother, I really wouldn't. Save your cash for spending when out there, there is zero reason to have a fun car for that kind of holiday. And that's coming from someone who has use of a Camero when I go out there, and I'd still rather have something a bit more practical to shove suitcases etc into.

Sorry, I know that doesn't answer your question, but instead of £500 on a Mustang you'd be much better off with a £100 Focus.

Yeah I take your point mate, I was just fancying something a bit different to the usual Dodge/Ford as we'll most likely be doing a bit of travellig down to the Keys/Tampa etc so would be happy to pay a little extra but like you say probably not worth it if it's a huge whack more!

We drove from Davenport to Miami last year, and I'd have been just as content in any old thing as a bright yellow Camero. Less worried about dinging it too! :lol:

I know when I looked a few years back the cost for the Mustang was horrendous money more, and that was as 25+ in age.

We drove from Davenport to Miami last year, and I'd have been just as content in any old thing as a bright yellow Camero. Less worried about dinging it too! :lol:

I know when I looked a few years back the cost for the Mustang was horrendous money more, and that was as 25+ in age.

Haha fair point! We're staying in a Villa in Champions Gate owned by family so saving a huge whack there over 3 weeks hence not minding paying extra but like you say I think it could work out as a huge amount more as I'm under 25 in which case not worth it!

• Like 1

Have a look at alamo.co.uk/Brits

Had 2 cars from them in orlando now. And if you do save time you can be out the airport in about 30 mins.

Personally I would go with a SUV, a normal sized car feels sooo small in the US

Had 2 cars from them in orlando now. And if you do save time you can be out the airport in about 30 mins.

There's only 2 of us going so if we don't get a convertible will probably go with just a regualr focus or something unless there's no reall difference in price. Alamo seem to be one of the better deals though! :thumbs:

I've used these guys loads of times, they have a young driver package which means you don't need to pay the surcharge :)

http://uscarhire.com/

They're a broker so you go through the big companies. I used them 3 times before I was 25 :)

I'll have a look at them now, cheers bud! :)

I was in Miami last year, had a look at Mustangs but since they're all low/mid range they weren't that impressive, plus if it's a soft top you'll End up too hot and sun burnt. We rented a Chevy Suburban since you don't get a chance to drive something that big in the UK... It was awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

There's only 2 of us going so if we don't get a convertible will probably go with just a regualr focus or something unless there's no reall difference in price. Alamo seem to be one of the better deals though! :thumbs:

I've used these guys loads of times, they have a young driver package which means you don't need to pay the surcharge :)

http://uscarhire.com/

They're a broker so you go through the big companies. I used them 3 times before I was 25 :)

I'll have a look at them now, cheers bud! :)

You can book with alamo through them, the cars are much better with alamo as they're newer. With the young driver package you're also insured up to the eyeballs so if you do have an incident you're fine :)

• Like 1

Given that the roads in and around orlando are entirely straight, and turns are exclusively at right-angles, I really wouldn't bother with a muscle car. You'll just get arrested and have to respect 400lbs of authoritaaaaaaaay.

If you were doing LA and wanted to explore Mulholland and other mountain passes then it would be a different story. Corvette all the way!

Used Alamo when I was in the States last year. Service and price were both good, car was rubbish though! (Dodge Avenger)

what class did you pick also ive been reading with allamo you get to choose out of the cars in stock you dont get given one

Used Alamo when I was in the States last year. Service and price were both good, car was rubbish though! (Dodge Avenger)

what class did you pick also ive been reading with allamo you get to choose out of the cars in stock you dont get given one

That also depends on what airport you fly in to.

If MCO you can go to garage and pick your car. If you do save time you pick your car and drive straight out of the garage.

If Sanford I think they give you the keys at the desk.

Can't remember the class, car was a fairly large saloon and well priced for what it was. To be fair was fine for what I needed it for, large boot, air con and all the mod cons, just let down by the worst automatic gearbox I've had the misfortune of driving. Engine had plenty of power but never let you use it!

• Like 1