350z 2008 HR clutch problem

add350z

Hi All, from the day I purchased my 350z I realized there was a problem with the clutch as the peddle would stick down occasionally. I decided to replace the clutch with a single mass and updated concentric slave. After having it fitted the clutch was all fine. Gradually the peddle started sticking down again and progressively got worse. The car has been back to the garage to have cutch fluid bleed which didn't sort the problem. A new master cylinder was orders but after old one was stripped out they realized it was not faulty. Now the garage is saying there is a valve under the near side arch liner which is faulty so they have by passed it and says it works fine now. Can anyone confirm what the part under the arch liner is please.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is no clutch parts on the NS (passengers side) for the clutch system on the HR.(unless you have a LHD car)

I would say the clutch system just needs bleeding properly.

I presume you have a Xtreme clutch system.

Ewen , I am happy to help the customer out if needed.

Turns out the problem was a flexi hose that was collapsing. Part replaced and clutch pedal now feels so much better.

Spoke with Mark at Abbey who suggests to change the flexi hose when clutch is changed to eliminate any problems after fitting new clutch as the hoses are prone to fail. Hopefully I am all sorted now. Cheers guys for info.

Edited by add350z

Does the peddle come back up in it's own? If I even think about doing any sort of "launch" my clutch peddle hits the floor and stays there for a few seconds. Is this a different issue to what you have?

Edited by jimboy2

Jimboy2 yes that is how my clutch was, I think the clutch in my car had been a problem for a while and a new master cylinder had been fitted by previous owner and to try and sort the problem. And it was all down to the flexi pipe which runs close to the exhaust manifold was collapsing and not allowing fluid to return correctly. All is good now. May be try changing the flexi hose. Ewen at Clark should be able to supply you one.

My 2008 had only done 38000 miles but I took the car back to the dealer where I bought it from and got my money back as I thought I was looking at a £2000+ bill. I should not have taken any notice of Nissan of Gloucester or Gloucester Clutch Clinic when all I needed was a braided clutch line for£25. I loved that car and was sorry to see it go.

DSCF3458.jpg

Regards Keith B)

Edited by keithvmx1200

The main Nissan dealer in Gloucester who after so called checking the clutch said I would need a new clutch £1000 and new flywheel another £1000 plus £500 labour. I was told the same by Gloucester Clutch Clinic and the both said it was so expensive because it was the HR version

Regards Keith B)