"Tunnel" type dog beds

twobears

Does anyone have one of those "tunnel" type dog beds for their dog? I am talking about fleece fabric tunnels which stay open for the dog to burrow into. I want to make one for my Chihuahua but I need to figure out what to use to keep the mouth of the tunnel open. Can't use metal wire because it would be dangerous but not sure what to use instead unless I can source some sort of plastic equivalent ? :dry:

Not 100% sure on what wadding to use to stuff it with either so if anyone has one that their dog has destroyed so you can see the construction please let me know. Thanks :teeth:

Mia has just turned one and she burrows under everything including the other dog's bed when she is lying in it :) She's very small for a Chi and quite wilful but overall a lovely, friendly dog. How old is yours and is she well trained? I'm finding it much harder to train Mia than any other dog I've owned,not because she is stupid, far from it, but she is so full of energy that getting her to calm down and listen to instructions is a challenge :wacko:

Phoebe is 20 weeks now, we managed to get here outside to do toilet and she is fine with that but we still put down a puppy mat at nights just incase, but most times she is fine. She will sit when you have a treat for her! No treat no sit lol. Phoebe was the smallest compared to her 2 sisters, but like you say full of energy and guaranteed she will have a mad half hour running around the house every night, we just leave her to it as she will not listen in that time. She is very friendly put a pain as she always brings mud, leave and most other things in from out the garden.

Aw, cute kitty Pete. I think if I were a cat I would come and live with you and Caroline. You seem like really good cat owners :)

slipstream, Mia will sit for treats, do 'high 5', come when called, unless something distracts her and I can walk her off lead now. She also knows to go to her crate when it's feed time. She is toilet trained but unless you put her outside every hour or so, she still has accidents from time to time due to the size of her bladder! She is a good watchdog and always barks to let me know if someone is around. She'll never make a guard dog, ha ha, and my shooting instructor's idea that she could be a gun dog seems a bit dubious too :lol: I must say she is a splendid dog though and I am so glad we got her even though another farmer who called round at the house for some skeet vests to be embroidered this afternoon called her 'a real handbag dog'. I told him she was never going in any handbag on my watch :boxing: She's a brave little thing and nothing phases her but I don't treat her like a toy because she is a dog after all.

Agreed you guys and lady of course need to get some pictures and a bio on the pets thread.

http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/25215-the-350z-uk-pet-thread/page__st__920#entry1426927

:thumbs:

Can't help with your question though, we have a Labrador who refused to go into a kennel we bought, we put it on an auction site and someone bought t for their pig :lol:

http://997021_1023591897655810_3469618758771135547_n.jpgPretty husky. I wish they could stay as puppies for ever too. Mia is doing her best - lol :lol:

Here's a pic of her and my daughter :teeth: Sorry I seem to have messed up putting the photo on!!

Edited by twobears
  • Like 1