Encounter with a 370Z

chrisday1990

That Z looks like a good buy Katz B) Nice and local too.

The 70 is definitely quicker than the 50 in a straight line. At Bedford I was following Suits in his 70 and he could pull away from me. I was UpRev'd and running 300+ bhp too.

Yes, the 370 is quicker but the difference does seem to be minimal and maybe a skilled driver in a 350 can reduced that further (not referring to myself as a skilled driver before you all jump on that lol)....just thinking maybe the 370 isn't the stepping stone to my GT-R.

No its definitely not worth 2x the time price of a 50 if your just looking at performance. Totally agree.

You taking the final track time slot at Japfest then?! :teeth:

haha...have you still got one left then? Hubby is doing an Ariel Atom track day this month, so maybe it could be my turn to take the zed to JPfest ;) It's the whole having to take 2 cars (for the kids) putting me off :( But then it is my birthday next week....maybe be you can all club together & get me it for my b'day lol

Definitely worth treating your self if its your birthday next week! Yep one space left over the three forums so it won't be around for long I don't think.

Oh my god Ad, have you seen Kat drive? Just don't be on track at the same time as she is :) Seriously, I think she should do it, so she can get the bug and then come with me on track days :)

Edited by Linus27
  • Like 1

It's surprising (or maybe not) how little there is in terms speed with a fair few cars now

For a car to show a 350 or 370 a "clean pair of heels" it will probably be very expensive or tuned or both

Of course the driver can play a big part

Rob

• Like 1

I still prefer in gear straight line to track lol... unless it wasn't my car of course, I'd happily thrash anothers round a track :lol: Didn't think a Fabia could do a low 14 mind you. The very first time I went up to Crail that was the first car I raced and I blew it away, mind you its a quicker time lol. They should have a vmax runway events somewhere in Scotland so you can do rolling starts like that GTboard I keep gettin 'you might likes' on youtube for. Now that looks good!

I might go back up to one of the Crail thrash n' dashes on a dry day for laugh, there usually quieter arn't they Kris/Steve?

Edited by AMT
  • Like 1

Well after our encounter he darted off the road and there was his house :lol: had a word with the chap and he says "the 370 was designed to have 370HP but Nissan thought during testing they could no have the 370 car nipping at the heels of the GT-R" although I find this hard to comprehend however he did have all sorts of performance mods like sports cats and the like but my stock little HR was up his arse. :p to conclude the expense of the newer car and mods does not in my opinion do a great deal on public roads.