Advice on GPRS / PDA Phone

Kev946

Help.. :scare:

Having only had basic phones for many years and having lost the BMW Sat Nav I was thinking of going for a Phone with GPRS and possibly a basic PDA which will sinc with my PC / Laptop. Any advice would really help. I would ask someone in a Vodafone shop if there was a chance they might know what they are talking about...:lol:

I would like a phone that is : -

1. Bluetooth - A must

2. GPRS Sat Nav with at least UK delailed maps and route planning to use in a car. Speed Cameras would be a bonus.

3. Possibly a PDA with Calendar etc.

Not really bothered about email as I have a 3g modem for my laptop, and not bothored about MP3's. Prefer an iPod. I'd also prefer a free phone or cheap. I'm on a large mins business tariff at the mo.

I'm on Vodafone BTW. Thanks

On another note, the Nokia 6110 is really good, my dad has it and it works very nicely. You can also get TomTom for them

Yea just looking at Tom Tom. Only problem is cost for the Tom Tom software. May as weel buy a Tom Tom unit.

As we don't get sat nav as an option here I was think the same.

Have decided I like my phone too must to go with something as big as an XDA or one of the new Nokias.

Was thinking more along the lines of this:

http://www.pixmania.com/ie/uk/570870/ar ... urope.html

It even has a map of Vatican City. :dry: The only reason I can think of needing it is if I didn't have sat nav, got lost and ended up in Vatican City desperately looking for a way out.

On another note, the Nokia 6110 is really good, my dad has it and it works very nicely. You can also get TomTom for them

Yea just looking at Tom Tom. Only problem is cost for the Tom Tom software. May as weel buy a Tom Tom unit.

Who says you need to buy it? ;)

Who says you need to buy it? ;)

Good point, I guess there's always Fleabay.. :thumbs:

This seems OK for a Vodafone account

http://www.vodafonebusinessshop.co.uk/D ... -1779.html

I have the Orange M700 which has GPS in it and its been very good - only annoyance for me is the lack of a decent onscreen T9 pad (the HTC one is not very good)

IMO if I was going to get another one I would get the one with the slide out keyboard thats just about to come out - its only a mm thicker than my current phone (although smaller battery)