Are these Rota GTR-D

jimmy.farrow7

Look like GTR to me, not the D's as they have a huge dish.

I get what you're saying about the "dish" on them but the GTR's seem to have spokes which lean inwards more but his look more flat faced to me like the GTRD's.

GTR

med_gtr_gunmetal_45r_2.jpg

GTRD

med_gtr-d_1895_hyper_black_3.jpg

So I'm thinking as Matt said it may be that they are the GTRD but just on a weak offset so have much less of a dish. :shrug:

Look like GTR to me, not the D's as they have a huge dish.

I get what you're saying about the "dish" on them but the GTR's seem to have spokes which lean inwards more but his look more flat faced to me like the GTRD's.

GTR

GTRD

So I'm thinking as Matt said it may be that they are the GTRD but just on a weak offset so have much less of a dish. :shrug:

Aye, chances are weak offset combo with a smaller width wheel i.e. 8.5J/9.5J so the Dish would be small. Typically forum members run that tyre on the front and then a 10.5J on the rear with the dish

I think they are GTR too, mine have flat face at the front also, the rears have the concave in them

edit (they are on the rear) so either there square fitment and bought 4x fronts or the fronts are on the rears, dont look enough dish to be

gtr-d

Edited by jumping350

the thinnest gtr D is like 9.5j iirc. I dont think you can have one without much dish, hence there being a different line between gtr and gtr D. I am pretty confident they are GTR and porbanly around the 8J mark? :)

:wacko: Confusing. :lol: I just can't get past the spokes when you look at them as from the picture they are almost flat and that's his rear alloy,

...surely if they where GTR's then the spokes would be inclined inwards much more?. :shrug:

Maybe it's just the angle of the pic though.

• Like 1

What do you mean by weak offset, sorry for being naive, as they came with the car i never really bothered looking into it, is there something wrong with the setup?
it basically means the centre of the wheel is closer to the hub, so imagine putting your hand on the centre of your wheel and just pushing it into the car, but the rim doesn't move, thus more dish.

So with a thinner wheel and a weak offset creates minimal dish.

#teamtarmac

• Like 1

Ill have a look in the morning and get back on here asap, would do it no but its peeing down!!!

It's only water just get out there now. :lol:

Let us know the front & rear tyre sizes and if you can see any Rota stickers on the inside of the alloy which will state the sizes (e.g. 9.5J etc). ;)

• Like 1

No need to go out in the rain.

They are GTR not D. I have both types on my car in the summer - 18x8.5 GTR front, 18x9.5 GTR-D rear. Dishes are much larger than non-dish in the rims, and as said above, 9.5J is the smallest dish size :thumbs:

Looks like this.. although this pic is a blast from the past as my cars a bit less archy now ;)

ebc8213a94b1e54b786eabc75ffe3354.jpg

Ill have a look in the morning and get back on here asap, would do it no but its peeing down!!!

It's only water just get out there now. :lol:

Let us know the front & rear tyre sizes and if you can see any Rota stickers on the inside of the alloy which will state the sizes (e.g. 9.5J etc). ;)

Tyre sizes are not relevant because you can run a staggered tyre set up on a square rim set up.

As I said before and as ChrisB has confirmed, they are GTR's, not D's as the D stands for dish.