SGS TAILGATE STRUTS..... QUERY

Iron

hi

Has anyone purchased a pair of tailgate struts from SGS engineering?

Do they come with the ball joint bolt that screws into the upper tail gate?

Long story short, I've just snapped my original ball joint bolt..... SAKE

If their struts come with new ball joint bolts, I will make a purchase and return the gas struts I bought of flea bay (that didn't come with new bolts)

Thanks all

Andy

Thanks mate

The ones off flea bay had a similar pic but didn't come with them..?!

Will give them a buzz Monday and double check

Give them a call now, I cannot remember and I fitted a set a year or so back..!!

Looks from the vid that they do , but just make sure. :surrender:

ordered some on thursday from their site, not fleabay, and cost £49.50 +vat for the pair. phoned to query why they werent delivered yesterday and was told out of stock so 3-5 day wait.

That's what they do, increase the price rather than having to re-list them.

Good Company SGS.. :thumbs:

that's if they remember to send them with the brackets and ball joints! mine didn't so had to ring them. 4 weeks after install one of the struts broke where the retaining clip locks the ball joint in. they sent me a new end for the strut, just unscrews and new one put back on. but I have noticed a problem which I think will happen again! The ball joints are not quite right, the shank that holds the ball is to thick so when the boot lid is fully up I can see the cup lip is hitting the shank just before the strut gets to its maximum lift. I really could do with knowing a company that could re-gas my original struts but so they are stronger so I can put them back on!

I'm struggling to get mine ordered and delivered from them. I now have to supply dimensions of my factory fitted ones so I can get the right replacements. I don't really mind as I don't want to send them back if they are wrong but this is delaying an order I placed 2 weeks ago now :(

To be honest I ordered from SGS a few weeks back, they messed me around on delivery dates after telling me it would be next day. After numerous phone calls and broken promises I got them to refund, and now looking around for another supplier.

That's weird they called me today asking if I'd sent my old struts to them, something about wanting to copy something. The lad didn't sound like he had a clue, all very strange. I've been waiting weeks now..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk