Wheel Advice New brakes

kingrob

Hi

Looking at getting a new set of wheels as i have a feeling the new brake calipers are not going to fit with the 19inc wheels i have i am 90% sure he wheels will not clear the caliper going to test fit to be sure over the week end

These are the new breaks i have bought http://www.350z-uk.c...ake-kit-upgrade

i want to have 19inc wheels mainly due to the fact i only put new tyres on 100 miles ago tyre sizes 275/35 back and 245/35 front

Any advice on what offsets ect i would need to make sure i clear the caliper would be appreciated as i have NO ides what so ever about wheels it looks like my 17inc jdm wheels would clear them with spacers just not the 19inc ones i have

Edited by Neilp
Title amended

ohhhh there tasty

works vs-xx

Yep i like them alot it was what made me look at the car in the first place

Lovely wheels but you goggled them? Sorry I get this off Hugh!

HAHA i can live with it :p

they wont fit under those wheels unfortunately so i will take the wheels off you for a good price :ninja:

Depends on what you call a good price :p i can tell you the they need a refurb as 2 have abit of kerb damage to them but the tyres only have 100 miles on them ......

in the morning i am going to post the offsets to the v works and my 17'' JDMs been talking to tarmac alot tonight and i might end up getting these http://www.350z-uk.c...e-to-order-now/ in GM

Edited by kingrob

If you're lucky there might be a sicker on the inner rim with the details.

I'm assuming you have JDM brakes ATM?

Yes mate atm 1 pot JDM's i have been debating about upgrading for about 6 months if not longer then saw the akebono ones and thought that it was a very nice upgrade and price and stupid i know i had my 17inch Jdm wheels on with winter tyres and just thought they would be ok with the 19inch wheels.

I did not think about Offset until today As long as it is not raining in the morning i will get the wheels off and get the offset so far i like the ones Tarmac linked me i do not know the offset of them either but i linked him the brakes i am fitting so should be safe :p

But i just want to have a look at all options before i decide what to do and to know what offset i need to get these brakes on :)

Edited by kingrob

Yeah i think i will have to try that keep in mind i am getting the brakes fitted by someone who knows how to do this stuff i am just trying to make sure i have everything ready before i go to him

i have seen the template on the brake topic http://prntscr.com/67dbuf this one i just have no idea what it means i can not work out what the offset is using that ( thick i know )

i mean i don't want to turn up there have him do the work then find the wheels don't fit :p

Hi all

Ok offset to 17'' JDM is 42.5 and to the 19'' v works it is 65

While they are not going on the 17'' due to just being to big i think my maths was off and they will fit in the V Works will upload some pic's in a min with what i did to test it was a stupid idea but i think it worked lol

Hi all

Ok offset to 17'' JDM is 42.5 and to the 19'' v works it is 65

While they are not going on the 17'' due to just being to big i think my maths was off and they will fit in the V Works will upload some pic's in a min with what i did to test it was a stupid idea but i think it worked lol

Again, it's not about Maths as I found out. It's spoke and wheel design, you're quite lucky as they're not concaved but it will all come down to testing them. Think spacers will be your solution.

So ok what i did was take one of the spacers from Tarmac and used it as a hub i then put the disc on it and put a 20mm spacer on it to i then bolted this to the wheel and put the caliper in it clears all edges by at least 10mm and that was with the caliper touching the back of the disc i used cardboard to raise it off the wheel

here are the pics i took i think i have done this right and if i have it will just work so i was worrying about nothing

anyone wish to confirm if i did this right or not ?

20150220_142124.jpg

20150220_142130.jpg

20150220_142725.jpg

20150220_142734.jpg

20150220_142745.jpg

20150220_142753.jpg

20150220_143605.jpg

20150220_143614.jpg

20150220_143859.jpg

Wow thats close lol.

You was right as the maths say they will not fit but they do i am really glad as i like them wheels alot but i also like the ones Chris showed me so i might end up with 2 sets now :D

Now i just need to clean them wheels they have been stored for a few month and are filthy and i nee to sale my 17Inch JDM's with 4 winter tyres on them at least they did 500 miles before i took them off :D