The ad just gets better as you read it.....!!

H5

PMSL :lol:

This paragraph in particular cracked me up:

"The quad exhaust has been hand made from stainless steel to replicate the exact noise and look of the real thing and this goes for the genuine 355 wheels with new tyres. The car has fully adjustable suspension to lower the height and replicate the dimensions and handling of the real 355. "

• 2 weeks later...
I wonder what sort of person buys those things!!! :wacko:

Hohoho - reminds me of my last trip to Le Mans, earlier this year.

Id gone over with my brother and a few Nissan owning petrolhead mates. Now I love Ferraris, and my mate Yakko is the same, so when we were wandering around in Arnage on the Friday (where everyone goes to show their supercars off) and saw an F40 at the top of the road we had to go and have a look - very nice it was too.

At the bottom of the road theres another F40 parked up, but we noticed immediately that this car is a bit different - the intercoolers, lights, exhaust and even the bodywork and colour are different. I confirm this with Yakko, then I notice a bloke wander over to it with the keys in his hand. Conversation goes like this:

Doc: "Alright mate, your car is it??"

Bloke: "Yeah it is, what do you reckon??"

D: "Well, its nice, but we noticed the lights, intercoolers and stuff are different from an F40. What is it - an MR2 conversion or something??"

B: "Errm, well its actually an F40LM special edition"

Yep, I had just accused the bloke with probably the best example of an F40 ANYWHERE* of having an MR2. :blush:

Fortunately he was a top feller - stood and spoke to us for about 3/4 hour about this and his other cars (he actually named his son after one of his Porsches) and then let said 8 year old jump in and fire the fezza up for us and the assembled crowd. Which was cool. B)

* The car was an F40 LM, of which only 17 were made - see http://www.supercars.net/cars/3318.html for details. This particular one had just come back from a full mechanical overhaul at the factory, and must have been around the £500K mark. Definitely not an MR2 then :scare::blush: [/url]

I can see that the word "literally" features highly here ........... :p

The car had a name, like the Yellowbird or maybe that one out of Gone in Sixty Seconds, and the kid had the same name. He and his Dad were both wearing T shirts with pic of it on there, so it obviously runs pretty deep with them :wacko:

It was quite a hom name actually ........ bet the kid grows up with wrists too weak to change gear ;):D