SC Forged comp ratio?

N3me-350z

What forged piston compression ratio are people running with there SC setups?

I hear a lot of people run 11:1 but wouldn't that be limiting the amount of fuel you can get in the engine defo detonation occurs?

By running a lower compression 9.5:1 you can safely add a lot more fuel without det meaning a lot more power?

I understand it would be slower off the go but the top end would be immense.

Has anyone tried this or have any thoughts on it?

I had 11:1 in my built engine with an SC and I got detonation - we added a water meth injection system the cooling effect of this was enough to drop the inlet temps sufficiently to eliminate the det.

If you run high boost you may get problems but as said above with an SC the boost is not huge and it is manageable.

it isnt about how much fuel you can run it is all about cylinder pressure/ignition timing.

Running lower compression means you can run more ignition timing so you dont struggle with high Exhaust gas temperatures.

We lower the dynamic compression with a DE motor by playing with cam timing and increasing cam overlap.

• Like 1

Cheers for the response guys, so I have a V2 T trim SC, I'm wondering how much boost/flow I can get out of this thing then? Can I get enough to run low comp or will I just run out of puff.

I'm only running it at 43,000 rpm at 8psi and it's rated for 55,000 in its efficiency range.

Thanks again guru's :)

I would expect a T trim would be able to flow/boost near perfect around 9.5-9.8:1 depends on the rest of your setup? Crank pulley? Headers etc. I am hopeful that when I finally get round to installing my 9.8:1 (I think, need to check my build thread again as they have dust on them, same as my brain.) It should be in the optimum power band with my pulley setup/other mods.