Kev's New Car

Kev946

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats stunning Kev! :scare:B) You've got taste i'll say that.

Exige is on my wanted list but i'll be 80 before i can afford one, that could be fun lol

Love the car, hope you enjoy it. Keep us upto date, im intrigued to know how you get on with it.

Starting to sound like a plan.....any others....would love to see either a 335i or 535d if there is one hiding out there.

Could still get North Weald during the week, with the winter weather it would be less wear-tear for everyone's tyres.

Once its ready we need to get a Zed, your new baby, baps white thing a certain black HSV and my cat out and see what can be done with each.

Don't forget me :cry:

Count me in :thumbs:

what tyres does it have?

looks s imilar to the Nissan yellow on the pics.

Now I would have said its more mustard than custard.... :p

Yokohama Advan A048's...very soft & sticky tyres

The yellow is similar to the GT4, but I reckon is a little lighter shade. Those pictures were taken when the light was dropping so look a little darker. It does also have the metallic finish which you can only see up close and in the sun. :thumbs:

Yeah heard good things about the A048's, semi slick tyre. I may have to get a set of them in the summer. Looks like im going goodyear f1's or Bridgestone RE050's for now.

Really loving the car though, especially the black wheels. Must be awesome to drive. Obviously you dont have an issue driving a bright yellow car. abit different from the BMW. :teeth:

Yeah heard good things about the A048's, semi slick tyre. I may have to get a set of them in the summer. Looks like im going goodyear f1's or Bridgestone RE050's for now.

Really loving the car though, especially the black wheels. Must be awesome to drive. Obviously you dont have an issue driving a bright yellow car. abit different from the BMW. :teeth:

I wouldn't have a Yellow BMW though. Bright colours suite the Lotus IMHO, and yellow is a Lotus colour too.

I can't wait to get it run in so I can enjoy the acceleration, but the cornering is awsome.. :thumbs:

The BMW had become redundant as my wife's new car has all the toys, more in fact and love driving that, which should keep the mileage down on the Lotus.

Looks stunning in Yellow Kev. Much better than my Mate's in red.

You are going to have to be patient with the running in though as they don't really get going before 6000 rpm and that's a no no until you've done a few miles.

Needs a small front number plate to finish it off :thumbs:

Running procedure means 4500 rpm max for first 600 miles and half accelerator, then short bursts above 4500 rpm until the 1,000 miles oil change. I'm sticking to it stringently. I even varied my speed coming home from the dealers as it was a long drive.

Max bhp is at 7800 rpm.... :scare: and the second cam kicks in at 6200 rpm apparently, but the Supercharger does give some kick at lower revs, and I'm only using half pedal travel. Love the Supercharger whine.. :thumbs:

Kev, get that that jap engine changed back tot he original and best....a K series as you cannot beat a Rover. ;)

You taking it to any of the meets before Christmas as would be good to have a look around it.

Love to but these guys only want Zed's nowdays... :blush:

Think there is others on x-mas do.....

PS LoT are putting some dates up next year, no many yet but its a start.

Also looks like a Lotus evening event at Brands but not sure of date.

Keep me posted. Any suggestions to forums, clubs, Events and other websites / suppliers welcome. I'm new to Lotus Ownership.. :thumbs:

Kev, get that that jap engine changed back tot he original and best....a K series as you cannot beat a Rover. ;)

You taking it to any of the meets before Christmas as would be good to have a look around it.

don't worry, me and Sarnie are trying to fight our corner ;):lol:

don't worry, me and Sarnie are trying to fight our corner ;):lol:

Keep chipping away :boxing::lol:

Surely site veterans should be given honary passes ;)

Im sure if Christmas get togethers or other social meets are organised then the team would leave it open to all members on the site - its just the drive out meets that we think should be Z only.

There was a Christmas bash thread that started shortly before I went on holliday, did we ever decide a location/date?